Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Hey everyone! We are in full production mode for our FIRST Overland Bound Rally Southeast in the Ozarks in June! June 7th - 9th to be exact. Save the date! :tonguewink:

We will have full details coming next week with a link to register. We'll be headquartered at Byrd's Adventure Center and there will be a wide range of activities from training to live music to a full community meal cooked up by the Byrd's team!

These region rallies are a celebration of community and a time to convene together for face to face conversation and some time on the trail. We hope to see you there!

More info coming soon!

View attachment 88502
Any updates on the registration process?

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Not trying to be troublesome but who decided that the Ozarks were in the Southeast? Lower Appalachia might be a better geographical choice.
I agree with that. I thought the border for the SE was the Mississippi?

Wish I could go - but that would be a 13 hour haul to get there. About 850 miles one way.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Not trying to be troublesome but who decided that the Ozarks were in the Southeast? Lower Appalachia might be a better geographical choice.
I agree 100%, Arkansas is not in the SE, never has been. I got excited thinking a SE event would be closer to me but 11.5 hours drive is too far for me!

Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

It would appear most of Google disagrees with ya'll. :laughing:
View attachment 96071
Barely. It would take 13 hours to drive from SC to AR. In comparison, it would only take me 10½ hours to drive from SC to downtown Manhattan.
AR is more of a central-south state, like TX, OK, & LA.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Even if Arkansas is technically consider the Southeast it's is the in the far Northwest corner of the area considered the Southeast, sure be nice if it was more central to the area considered the Southeast like North Georgia or Southeast TN, maybe next year!

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Even if Arkansas is technically consider the Southeast it's is the in the far Northwest corner of the area considered the Southeast, sure be nice if it was more central to the area considered the Southeast like North Georgia or Southeast TN, maybe next year!
If it ever happens. There has been pretty much zero info since the announcement post. Come on Michael and Corrie...

Dave Grosvold

Rank 0

Off-Road Ranger I

NW Arkansas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Grosvold
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5MWH
Wife and I are looking forward to attending our first Overland Bound Rally! It should be fun!

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Like I said...any updates on the sign up????
How come on other posts I see when people need some help from Admins they always seem to magically show up and say
"@Michael or @Corrie" and then something seems to happen. This thread was started by "@Corrie" and yet there has been no follow up. I myself am more than excited that there may be an actual Overland Bound event that I can attend that is not too far away but I am not so sure that will happen at this point. If I missed a rally point link or something I apologize, I'm getting older and blinder by the minute.

Reactions: Jube

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
How come on other posts I see when people need some help from Admins they always seem to magically show up and say
"@Michael or @Corrie" and then something seems to happen. This thread was started by "@Corrie" and yet there has been no follow up. I myself am more than excited that there may be an actual Overland Bound event that I can attend that is not too far away but I am not so sure that will happen at this point. If I missed a rally point link or something I apologize, I'm getting older and blinder by the minute.
Hey all,

We are finalizing details with Byrds and registration information will be provided shortly.

Thanks for your patience! There are many details with events like this - especially in a new location with new parameters! We really look forward to meeting ya'll and having a great weekend.

More soon!

M

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Hey all,

We are finalizing details with Byrds and registration information will be provided shortly.

Thanks for your patience! There are many details with events like this - especially in a new location with new parameters! We really look forward to meeting ya'll and having a great weekend.

More soon!

M
Yay and thank you!

Reactions: Michael

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I'm planning on being there. The ozarks are amazing. Trails are great. Lot of fun water crossings. I'll keep an eye out for more info now that I know where to find it

jeepman

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Columbia, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Duke
Member #

We are planning on going. Its only 6 hrs for us since we live in the middle of the Southeast. But it would be nice to do one at Windrock which is in East Tennessee.

Reactions: Jube and Vandy