Overland Bound Rally Sierras 2019 + New 2-Day Off-Road//Overland Training Event

• HTML tutorial

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

There are 5 trails to pick from at registration, I will have one of my trail crew members there to go over each trail with you. And yes the forecast is not favorable but the trails should be good to go.
@Corrie @Kent R let me know if you need a trail leader for an easy to moderate bald run. I led one last year and would consider leading one this year.

With the runs not present before registration, how will Gaia maps be downloaded?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
@Corrie @Kent R let me know if you need a trail leader for an easy to moderate bald run. I led one last year and would consider leading one this year.

With the runs not present before registration, how will Gaia maps be downloaded?
All routes will be posted on drop box, that email goes out soon. Also the GPX files can be air dropped at registration once people pick a route

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
Hey everyone, Alex from Wagan Tech here. This is our first official rally and we're excited to be sponsoring part of it!

We'll be parked at Site 58 and will be available for Q&A's about Wagan Tech gear throughout the weekend. Find me and Lance with Wagan Tech shirts. We'll have an official time for Q&A's on Friday 4:30-5pm, so stop by and stay hi! We'll be talking bout electrical basics of charging and powering your gear. This will be a very "101" chat and we'll do our best to answer your questions!

Some of you guys already know us. Wagan Tech has been in the SF Bay area for over 36 years and manufacturing inverters for over 28 years. While we have a broad product range, our core business is Power and getting you and your family Road Ready. As Michelin licensees, we manufacture the Michelin Power Source XR1 and the popular Michelin LED Emergency Flare.

We'll be bringing a small selection of our products for demo, purchases, and Q&A's. Oh yeah, there will be schwag and deals to be had. :wink:

So come with questions, come with ideas, and let's chat!
For more info:
www.wagan.com
Wagan Corporation
@wagantech

Thank you for your support and we're looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cole1228

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Calos
Member #

Thank you very much for accepting me.
Looking forward to join one of your many exciting trips.

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
All routes will be posted on drop box, that email goes out soon. Also the GPX files can be air dropped at registration once people pick a route
Can't wait! Looking forward to this weekend!!

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

You
Ok so I might be a little, tech deficient but I'm not able to get any of the maps to open. I did get drop box but it just tells me .kml files can't be previewed, hopefully the air drop thing will work better for me.
need google maps or,preferably Gaia gps...

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ok so I might be a little, tech deficient but I'm not able to get any of the maps to open. I did get drop box but it just tells me .kml files can't be previewed, hopefully the air drop thing will work better for me.
Import the KML files into Gaia

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I just had a team leader drop out, I need someone to take a group up Bald Easy from the back side at Tamarack. Can you do that?
If yes I need;
Full name
email address
cell #
and day you will be arriving.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Although what @Kent R stated is what needs to happen, it isn’t that easy. If you have Gaia already then you may know that the file needs to be saved from Dropbox to either a desktop or iPad, as through your phone, you may not have the option to download directly to the phone, especially on iPhone. If you are able to save the files to your Dropbox or file server do so. If not, on iPad or desktop, download each file and when prompted on iOS, choose to open in Gaia. This will import. If not you will need to choose to download from Dropbox, or import from your file server. One of the three should work for most people.
Once you have them in Gaia, leave them as they are, or create a folder and move them to the folder you created for better organization. I named my folder Rally West 2019.

if you don’t have Gaia, Overlandbound and lifestyle overland offer great discounts through links on their sites.
Have all the files imported and loaded within Gaia or your chosen map guidance software before heading to shaver. Cell service is tough at Edison, and there are some map and route imports that took a little time even on my gigafiber. Hope this helps!

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

I just had a team leader drop out, I need someone to take a group up Bald Easy from the back side at Tamarack. Can you do that?
If yes I need;
Full name
email address
cell #
and day you will be arriving.
Sent a response in the conversation you started. LMK

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
I run a Windows desktop and an iPad. There are two ways to get the tracks uploaded to Gaia.

What I did first was to download the files onto my desk top, then copy and past those files into my iCloud Drive.

From there you have two ways to get then into Gaia on your iPad.

I then went to my iPad and made sure the files had transfered to the "Files" app.
Next I opened Gaia and at the main map there is a Plus symbol at the top. Tap that and you will see "Import Files"
Do this for each KML file.

The other way takes a while. Open the Gaia web site and log into your account.
Import the files here and they will eventually make it to all of your Gaia devices. Ie: both my iPad and iPhone have the files.

Make sure you down load the maps for the Shaver Lake area before leaving home.

Reactions: AlexAtWagan

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Packing up the rig today. Need to know what the preferred trail communication is. I have a handheld CB and a Baofeng, which will I need?

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Packing up the rig today. Need to know what the preferred trail communication is. I have a handheld CB and a Baofeng, which will I need?
Baofeng
Start with 146.46 and each trail leader will give you a frequency before the run.