Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Hi everyone - We are in the very final planning stages for our 5th trip up to the Sierras! We're very excited to head back up the mountain for a long weekend of community, training and exploration.

The Run Down!

Rally Weekend - September 27th - 29th (Friday PM - Sunday AM)
Off-Road//Overland Training Class - September 25th - 27th (Wednesday PM - Friday PM)

**UPDATE** CAMP EDISON IS NOW 98% BOOKED FOR THE WEEKEND. Overland Bound has reserved ample 'overflow' spots for attendees. Please email events@overlandbound.com to request a space if you were not able to reserve online. We will work to get you into a reserved spot!

Rally Sierras Weekend Registration: Rally Sierras 2019

Off-Road//Overland Training: Off-Road//Overland Training

Here are some of the high level details for this years event:

1. Rally Sierras 2019 is the same event as the original Off the Grid (15, 16, 17) and Rally West (18), with Event HQ at Camp Edison in Shaver Lake, CA.

2. There are now TWO different attendance options:

A. Weekend Pass for Friday, September 27th - Sunday, September 29th (Limited to 50 Drivers/Unlimited Non-Drivers).

B. NEW: Off-Road//Overland Training Course for Wednesday, September 25th - Friday, September 27th + Weekend Rally. (Limited to 10 participants, vehicle not required). This will be a 2-day training event covering a wide range of off-road safety/recovery skills and techniques, first aid/trauma, orienteering and an option to take the HAM test onsite for certification. We have a great lineup of trainers and educators on board!

3. NEW: Onsite Camping - Each attendee will be responsible for their own campsite reservation with Camp Edison. Camping is not included with weekend or training pass. Attendees may stay off-site if desired. **UPDATE** CAMP EDISON IS NOW 98% BOOKED FOR THE WEEKEND. Overland Bound has reserved ample 'overflow' spots for attendees. Please email events@overlandbound.com to request a space if you were not able to reserve online. We will work to get you into a reserved spot!

4. NEW: You may now register with a deposit, and then pay the remaining balance automatically on Friday, September 13th.

5. NEW: Our Executive Regional Director Kent Reynolds is putting together a fantastic off-road itinerary in the nearby Sierra National Forest! We will be helping to coordinate small groups to adventure out in staggered departure times to a variety of destinations. Our goal is to create as little impact to the trail systems as possible and leave no trace, and make sure each group is supported with experienced members of the community with safety and comms plans in place.

This post will be updated with links to register soon! Feel free to ask questions on this thread or send an email to events@overlandbound.com!

Corrie & Team

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
How is the road to Shaver Lake Camp Grounds? Is it paved or mixed? I am assuming paved since there is RV access at the campground.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I'm in, my first OB event. Is there any particular section of the campground I should look for a space in? It is a big campground.......

OK, spot #1. See Ya There!

P_20181123_152147.jpg

Last edited: