Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Landry
Member #

So i have a few questions about my membership. I paid for a subscription to support your goals as i think you are doing a wonderful thing. This forum seems to be a great place to find help and knowledge on various overlanding activities. I have seen other forums that are very closed and promote their own financial gain despite other sutable products. I love watching your videos and am anxious to meet up for some overlanding when i have the opportunity. I just purchased my jeep so i havent gotten off road or off grid yet.
With that being said, on to my questions.

1. So i paid for the membership and as i understand, i should have a member and a supporter badge. I only see the member badge. Am i missing something?
2. What do i need to do in order to claim my member number and emblem for my Jeep?

If i am mistaken on the entitlements for becomming a member, i apologize. I am just trying to figure it all out. Thanks again for what you are doing and what you are promoting.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi Rob, and thanks for contributing to Overland Bound.

1. Yes, if you contributed the one-time membership or the monthly subscription, you should get a contributor badge below you avatar here on the forum. @administrator should see this and make the change for you (or contact you to get clarification.) You contribution will get you a welcome swag pack with a discount in the store.

To get the member number and a bronze vehicle badge, go to this thread http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/overland-bound-emblems.49/ or go to the store. You might want to wait for @administrator to get your contribution info fixed and use the discount on you badge. You can order one badge, two, or an ultimate member pack http://store.overlandbound.com

I hope that helps clarify the various levels of membership, and again,thanks for contributing.
Steve

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Steve thank you so much for clarifying! @bigrob8181 Thanks so much for the support! We really appreciate it. We are continually amazed at the support and the impact Overland Bound Members have on the Overlanding community and movement world-wide. It's amazing!

I'll be the first to admit, membership, support, emblems, web site log-ins are NOT simple with Overland Bound. This is one of our top priorities in 2016. We will make this SIMPLE as we can. We've had various requests by folks who want to support the cause in a number of ways, so we have a number of options (which in itself is confusing)
  1. Members: This is the primary and Premiere way to support us, and become a member of our crew! By purchasing an emblem, you get a unique member number that is your forever and all time. Since you can order from the store, OR in the forums, we have a manual process to update forum users with all member benefits. We need to fix this.
  2. Supporters: This is for people to support the cost of the website and forums. It's a $3.99 re-occuring monthly payment to help us keep the lights on. We've committed to NOT having advertisements in the forums, so this is a voluntary way to help us out. That is why, with the member purchase, the supporter badge is a 6 month thing. It's confusing.
  3. Contributor: Some people want to just slip us a $20 as a thank you, but don't want the reoccuring payment. This is for them!
  4. Ultimate Member Pack: This is a discount for people who want to go, "all-in", AND many people want two badges. It is actually much easier from a production standpoint (and cheaper) to manufacture the emblems at the same time, so we offer a discount there.
I hope this answers your questions, and thanks again for your interest and support. I think we are on to great things! If you have other questions, let us know!

Michael and @CorrieOB

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

On our behalf, thank you for elaborating on the details, Michael. I have also been curious about the whole ranking system. Where would one slip a donation, or, financial contribution?

Reactions: murps

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
On our behalf, thank you for elaborating on the details, Michael. I have also been curious about the whole ranking system. Where would one slip a donation, or, financial contribution?
Thank you! Any of these options help us out a lot, or on Paypal: michael@overlandbound.com !

Upgrade Options

Thanks again for your interest!

M

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

Just curious why does it say it gets you "
  1. A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a "Supporter" for six months.
  2. Private access to the "Overland Bound Supporter" Forum for six months"
Do you have to pay again after 6 months to get these privileges?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Just curious why does it say it gets you "
  1. A special badge in the forums that identifies you as a "Supporter" for six months.
  2. Private access to the "Overland Bound Supporter" Forum for six months"
Do you have to pay again after 6 months to get these privileges?
Supporters are folks who subscribe to the forums for $3.99 a month. The contribution goes to supporting the forums. The supporter forums are intended to be MOSTLY about forum software, forum categories, and feature requests. If you become a member, you get access to the supporter forum without subscribing.

That might be unclear, and we are always trying to improve. Feedback welcome!

M