Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lodi, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Member #

Hey Everyone! New to OB and interested in the meet up. Is there still one scheduled for 6/18 at 1800 and is it open to all?

Reactions: Offroadtails

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
Hey Everyone! New to OB and interested in the meet up. Is there still one scheduled for 6/18 at 1800 and is it open to all?
Welcome, the meeting is open to everyone. We will be having some type of meeting; it could be a zoom meeting, or it could be a rig walk around. The time we normally meet is 630pm for dinner, and the meeting goes from 7-8pm.

Reactions: Mark E

TRLWANDR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lodi, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Member #

Welcome, the meeting is open to everyone. We will be having some type of meeting; it could be a zoom meeting, or it could be a rig walk around. The time we normally meet is 630pm for dinner, and the meeting goes from 7-8pm.
Thanks for the info! Going to plan on being there.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Are we ready to meet on the 18th?

I think the parking lot seems to be full at Steve’s Pizza with the reopening happening. Plus if we bring trailers we will be taking double spaces up as well. May I suggest that we meet over by the old Toys R Us. This way we can do the walk around and keep the distance requirement. There are also a good selection of places to buy food at.

8507 Bond Road. Elk Grove, Ca

your thoughts,

Last edited:

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
We will be having a June meet up and rig walk around, starting at 630pm thru 8pm. Grab pizza from Steves and head to the end of the stores to the parking lot near Best Buy. There should be plenty of room at the end.

In July we will resume with using the room at Steve's.

We will have a short discussion on trips over the summer, and then look at vehicles and trailers.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Yay! Hope to have my rig back by this Thursday lol. Still in shop for non-overlanding work lol.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Is this meetup happening tonight?
Yes in a separate email that Jeff sent out last night....

Hey All,
If you missed the OB forums, then here is the email about our meetups starting back up. We will be having our first rig walk around tomorrow night; meet near Steve's Pizza and grab some food; from there we will head down to the end of the shopping center near Best Buy and set up in the parking lot at the very end.

We will have another rig walk around near the end of the summer for any of you that can't make this one.

I hope to see everyone there!

Jeff/Otter155

destinationdenmans

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Patricia
Last Name
Denman
Member #

Yes in a separate email that Jeff sent out last night....

Hey All,
If you missed the OB forums, then here is the email about our meetups starting back up. We will be having our first rig walk around tomorrow night; meet near Steve's Pizza and grab some food; from there we will head down to the end of the shopping center near Best Buy and set up in the parking lot at the very end.

We will have another rig walk around near the end of the summer for any of you that can't make this one.

I hope to see everyone there!

Jeff/Otter155
Thanks so much! It'll be our first one so we're excited!

Reactions: RoarinRow

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Looking to scout out the 2 adopt a trails that the USFS gave me a while back this Saturday. I will put in a rally point this afternoon. Meeting time 8:45 at the Vista point on Hwy 88 between Martell and Jackson. The vista sits on the inside of the curve. Be on the lookout for the sign. It could be missed easily?

Also, if you are interested we might be able to do some Geocashing in the area as well.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Looking to scout out the 2 adopt a trails that the USFS gave me a while back this Saturday. I will put in a rally point this afternoon. Meeting time 8:45 at the Vista point on Hwy 88 between Martell and Jackson. The vista sits on the inside of the curve. Be on the lookout for the sign. It could be missed easily?

Also, if you are interested we might be able to do some Geocashing in the area as well.
Made a rally point, but it looks like I didn’t do the invite part. Message me for more info if you can’t find it

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Thank you ParksIT and your son for joining me on Saturday.

Trail 16E26

We had a great day out exploring and seeing some beautiful country. Unfortunately we did not complete the planned route. We were turned around due to some technical spots that my truck could not make it through. The trail up to where the pictures where taken was mild for our Tacomas. We did find a few spots where we could camp with keeping social distancing depending how many rigs went.

Trail 17E24

This trail will still need to be run. Maybe this weekend.

I did choose a bad line that caused some minor damage, my trailer plug mount got bent. should Be an easy fix.
Photo Credit: ParksIT

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thank you ParksIT and your son for joining me on Saturday.

Trail 16E26

We had a great day out exploring and seeing some beautiful country. Unfortunately we did not complete the planned route. We were turned around due to some technical spots that my truck could not make it through. The trail up to where the pictures where taken was mild for our Tacomas. We did find a few spots where we could camp with keeping social distancing depending how many rigs went.

Trail 17E24

This trail will still need to be run. Maybe this weekend.

I did choose a bad line that caused some minor damage, my trailer plug mount got bent. should Be an easy fix.
Photo Credit: ParksIT
Thanks for scouting the trail. Sorry for your minor damage :(

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
I attempted to run the other trail this past Sunday. I didn’t get very far. I did not have a way to air back up afterwards due to the rocky terrain. So I went exploring the forest service roads and practiced using Gaia. I tracked all the FS roads I drove on just to see who well it work. i need to say that I will be paying for an upgrade. i was nice to get out and drive.

Who is up for a day or overnight trip on the weekend of the 15-16 August. It would be near Lower Bear Reservoir off Hwy 88. There are some trails to explore or just to relax and see everyone’s camp setup. Who wants to get out? I found a spot where we can social distance, so that should be a problem. I might go as early as Thursday afternoon.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I attempted to run the other trail this past Sunday. I didn’t get very far. I did not have a way to air back up afterwards due to the rocky terrain. So I went exploring the forest service roads and practiced using Gaia. I tracked all the FS roads I drove on just to see who well it work. i need to say that I will be paying for an upgrade. i was nice to get out and drive.

Who is up for a day or overnight trip on the weekend of the 15-16 August. It would be near Lower Bear Reservoir off Hwy 88. There are some trails to explore or just to relax and see everyone’s camp setup. Who wants to get out? I found a spot where we can social distance, so that should be a problem. I might go as early as Thursday afternoon.
How far was the trip? Trail wide enough for full size rigs?

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
17E24
@RoarinRow, I am researching these trails two trails (17E24 & 16E26) online a bit more. Both trails have different entry points and will meet up and could take you to Squaw Ridge. 16E26 becomes a Jeep trail a ways in, this is the point where the pictures where taken from. (See previous post) Up to this point, a stock 4x4 truck with a good driver should be good To drive there. Be warned that 8N03 which takes you to 16E26 has a few berms across the trail that might make it a little challenging for a LWB truck.

I am planning to go back up into the area this Sunday again just to get and explore. You are more than welcome to join or anyone else for that matter.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
17E24

@RoarinRow, I am researching these trails two trails (17E24 & 16E26) online a bit more. Both trails have different entry points and will meet up and could take you to Squaw Ridge. 16E26 becomes a Jeep trail a ways in, this is the point where the pictures where taken from. (See previous post) Up to this point, a stock 4x4 truck with a good driver should be good To drive there. Be warned that 8N03 which takes you to 16E26 has a few berms across the trail that might make it a little challenging for a LWB truck.

I am planning to go back up into the area this Sunday again just to get and explore. You are more than welcome to join or anyone else for that matter.
Thanks for the info and invite! I'm still staying home with the family as much as I can.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
Count me in, I need to dial in my APRS setup. I have onboard air (early post said you didn't have the ability to air back up).
Thanks,
Curt
Curt, you want to meet at the Raley’s in Galt or at the Vista point just before Jackson? I will sell up a rally point in a while. I think we should meet no later than 8am.

Safety protocols will be observed.