Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It looks of good quality and solid. I like the design. Now how do we get our hands on one?
We're getting the sample shipped to us. If it is good enough quality, we will go into production. They should be available in a couple weeks or so.

Numbered coins are earned, and blank coins may be purchased.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm so excited. Can't wait to hold one in my hand. Such a great experience.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Will they be earned from now on or will efferts in the past be taken in considaration?

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Good question. I dont make the decisions, obviously, but my opinion is, you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. Otherwise, there could become a massive cash expense for recognizing things in perpetuity. I'd say, pick a date to start (not the beginning) or clearly state only certain kinds of past contributions would be recognized. We have to realize that many of these coins will be given away, which means someone will be paying for them. We can't expect those deep pockets to be Overland Bound's. We all know the group wouldn't be what it is today without the positive actions of the group. "God bless us, God bless us one and all."

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I'm just looking forward to the day that someone presses one in my hand. I'm not looking for things to do that "earn" I just do them when they come about. I try to live my life that way, not looking for shinies for doing it!

Truthfully, I'd rather give them away than receive them. It's my thing.

Last edited:

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm just looking forward to the day that someone presses one in my hand. I'm not looking for things to do that "earn" I just do them when they come about. I try to live my life that way, not looking for shinies for doing it!

Truthfully, I'd rather give them away then receive them. It's my thing.
Well said. I too plan on buying some just to give away. People do a lot to help, they care. It's a great feeling to recognize that someway.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I like the idea. But here in Europe such is so vagely known that nobody knows about it. Same here. Never heard about this.
Probarly because of the fact that the military and its veterans are not an issue in any way.
The whole culture, problems, and such around the military is almost non excistend.
An excample is myself. I dont have any benefits for being a former soldier.
If you are a soldier these days here in the Netherlands, well, too bad for you. We dont have the Veterans culture as the UK, France and the USA have.
And during my time in the Airforce, we didnt know these kind of coins or recognition tokens. You did your job, you get paid for it and thats that.

Well, I can still like the idea.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, we received the prototype coins at Overland Bound HQ. Ms Overland Bound says they look great, and I think we're moving ahead with production.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There will be three types:
  1. Unnumbered: can be purchased
  2. Numbered: cannot be purchased
  3. OB Member numbered: Custom. Can be purchased. Intent is so holder knows where it originally came from.
We will likely sell different quantities at different prices. Buy more, pay less per piece.

The big question, how much for 1? Thoughts?

M