mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@Michael
Just my 2 cents Ha Ha Ha!!!!
I love the coins and can't wait to have some. You need to cover all the overhead!!!!! and figure the price, you know the community is all in!!!!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

1. OB Member numbered: Custom. Can be purchased. Intent is so holder knows where it originally came from.
M
Glad to see you're running with that. It is going to mean a lot to certain folks years down the road.

thejonchacon

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Chacon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QNC
Service Branch
US Air Force
You mean patches that look like these ambassador coins? If so, not a bad idea! We he even OB patches already of course.
Yes, the coins are great but an ambassador patch could go on your bag or velcro gear. Just a thought.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey all, we received the prototype coins at Overland Bound HQ. Ms Overland Bound says they look great, and I think we're moving ahead with production.

View attachment 7370

View attachment 7371

There will be three types:
  1. Unnumbered: can be purchased
  2. Numbered: cannot be purchased
  3. OB Member numbered: Custom. Can be purchased. Intent is so holder knows where it originally came from.
We will likely sell different quantities at different prices. Buy more, pay less per piece.

The big question, how much for 1? Thoughts?

M
Obviously, it should be somewhat based on unit cost, but also demand. I just bought a lessor quality coin for $25.00 (3rd BDE, 1st Cav). The more reasonable the cost, the more likely you'll get members buying packs of coins to give away as intended. I think military people, active or veterans, are likely to buy and actively participate. Put me on the list for those hot off the press. I will definitely buy to collect, trade, and give away to the deserving. Price them fairly, members will buy. Great gift too.

P.S. Although they are generally given, as a coin on the spot, make sure you sell coin gift/presentation/display boxes as well.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Obviously, it should be somewhat based on unit cost, but also demand. I just bought a lessor quality coin for $25.00 (3rd BDE, 1st Cav). The more reasonable the cost, the more likely you'll get members buying packs of coins to give away as intended. I think military people, active or veterans, are likely to buy and actively participate. Put me on the list for those hot off the press. I will definitely buy to collect, trade, and give away to the deserving. Price them fairly, members will buy. Great gift too.

P.S. Although they are generally given, as a coin on the spot, make sure you sell coin gift/presentation/display boxes as well.
BTW, when do you anticipate they'll be for sale? The sooner they are, the sooner the cash will role in.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
BTW, when do you anticipate they'll be for sale? The sooner they are, the sooner the cash will role in.
Ha! We don't know exactly. It should be before the OTG Rally though. For this first run, we have ordered:
  1. 25 numbered coins (not for sale) AM000 - AM024
  2. 75 blank coins (for sale)
This is a test run to gauge demand and on-hand inventory requirements. If we sell through quickly, we will try to stay ahead of inventory needs.

M

Reactions: Meta6981 and ce4460

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Ha! We don't know exactly. It should be before the OTG Rally though. For this first run, we have ordered:
  1. 25 numbered coins (not for sale) AM000 - AM024
  2. 75 blank coins (for sale)
This is a test run to gauge demand and on-hand inventory requirements. If we sell through quickly, we will try to stay ahead of inventory needs.

M
Are you taking pre-orders? I'll take 4 right off the bat.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
As give aways. I got a couple of you suckers in mind already.
Not right now.

We generally stay away from pre-orders on new merchandise because we don't know if we have a good product until we actually receive them. The samples looked great, but that doesn't mean the final run of 100 coins will be of the same standard. We may have reject them. Then it would be another few weeks before getting the revised batch. We don't want to hold your money that long!

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all! Finally, these are available in our store! Thank you for all the feedback over the last few weeks. If you are interested, you can find them here:

Challenge Coins

You can get them with your member number on them, or blank! Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

amcoinhi.jpg

M