Launch Member

Explorer I

Schenefeld, Germany
First Name
Sven
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Looks like Camp Area is right next to the Expo on Parking Area East 2 (Ost 2). Just a couple meters.
@scpk: I will be there the entire weekend from Thursday to Sunday (or Monday, not sure jet). I like the idea of an unofficial OB camp and will join for sure!

Sven

Mid Europe Local Expert
Launch Member

Explorer I

Schenefeld, Germany
First Name
Sven
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Looks like Camp Area is right next to the Expo on Parking Area East 2 (Ost 2). Just a couple meters.
@scpk: I will be there the entire weekend from Thursday to Sunday (or Monday, not sure jet). I like the idea of an unofficial OB camp and will join for sure!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

I have checked that.The camp area is located at the eastern end of the fair. That is in walking distance to the entrance West/ outdoor area west, where the booth will be.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Overland Bound in the Adventure Southside overlanding show news (article is in German, but think that's not a problem with the web translators):

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I will look for you guys. Going to get my old man out of the house and take him with me probably on the Friday. Not overnighting as I need to be elsewhere Saturday but I will come and say hello!

Rgds, Roman
Great! See you there, Roman!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So, there are only a few days left until Adventure Southside! It will be great for sure! Looking forward to meet some OB members and interested people there, having good conversations and having a great time together.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Please keep in mind the C19 regulations for the fair. So, what we call in Germany the 3 G rule (vaccinated, tested, recovered). Furthermore, of course, the well-known distance, mask and hygiene rules apply.

There is a Covid rapid test center (drive-in) in the trade fair parking lot P7 (approx. 1 km from the entrance). Appointments can be booked online.

Details can be found on the Adventure Southside website: Ab 16.08.21: 3-G-Regel für Veranstaltungen - Adventure Southside or at the website of the federal state of Baden-Wuerttemberg: Corona-Beschränkungen für Geimpfte und Genesene werden weitgehend aufgehoben

I am looking forward to the fair!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We drove back late yesterday. It was a supercool overlanding show! Many thanks for the many great conversations and to all who have contributed to this great event and organized. It is also great that so many European members came! It was nice to meet you all and to talk to you. I hope you all arrived back home safely.
So, this is just a short report, in the next few days there will be a more detailed report with photos.
Cheers, Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
As promised, here is the detailed report on what it was like at the expo. Have fun reading!