OutdoorX4 Magazine Issue #14 Has Shipped

• HTML tutorial

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

For those of you subscribed to OutdoorX4 Magazine, the print copy shipped on Monday and it should be arriving in mailboxes in the next 10 days or so.

In the meantime, you can view the digital edition by visiting http://issue14.outdoorx4.com. If you're not subscribed, sign-up today using coupon code overlandbound to get a 10% discount on subscriptions/back issues/patches/decals/t-shirts. Sign-up today at www.outdoorx4.com.

Reactions: Corrie and Steve

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Nice, was not aware of the publications existence. Will definitely check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Check it out. If you subscribe you'll also receive digital edition access including access to all our back issues in digital format. Cheers!

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Thanks for including the article on Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, we are heading up there next month for three days of hiking. You wouldn't happen to have anything on the Cumberland Gap National Park?

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

Check it out. If you subscribe you'll also receive digital edition access including access to all our back issues in digital format. Cheers!
I'll do it tonight when I get to the hotel. I like how the mag is not a regurgitation of the usual stuff. I'm impressed with your content. That doesn't happen very often. Any way I could get the publication mailed to me in Germany? Or is digital my only option?

Last edited:

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

I liked the Small Rig, Big Adventure article, it really reinforced the idea that there is no one best overland vehicle. The vehicle that works best for your particular style of overlanding and the one that you are most passionate about is the one that will encourage you to get out and explore the most. My wife and I have looked at a number of vehicles over the years to find the one that best fits us, including 4x4 RV's, but we feel the Jeep we have is best for us. We like the flexibility to travel down the smallest of back roads or forest trails while having the capability to handle any surprises a trail may offer but also accept the space limitations.

I think one of the important parts of the article was picking a vehicle that is well supported. Having a well supported vehicle, like our Jeep, makes taking on cargo space challenges much more enjoyable. In fact, I get just as much enjoyment from trying to solve space challenges as from the travels. Besides the obvious "if I move this here I can put this there", solutions also include selecting the right piece of gear that is needed but also if that piece of gear is actually needed.

Having a smaller vehicle does create challenges but I think those challenges makes overlanding much more enjoyable. I mean, isn't overlanding really about challenging yourself?

Reactions: SLO Rob