Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Traveling with long guns is easy in Canada. I had my 45/70 and 12ga with me. I was reminded , at the border that the use of a firearm for protection against an wild animal was strictly prohibited in Canada. I shipped my pistols from Montana and picked them up in Tok, Ak. On the way back , I shipped them back to Montana from Tok on the way back.
YUP.....BYPASSING CANADA WITH THE PISTOLS will work. For long guns, you have to think....'that's stupid' ...as that critter advances on you. Seems that BEAR SPRAY will be your only friend. I heard it works better than everything else, long guns included.

Reactions: Stickman

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
I am seriously counting down the days. We are ready to leave now, but want to be patient for better weather.

Thank you for writing the article. It has helped us plan, plan, plan...

Will call you in May before we leave to get any last minute advice.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
I am seriously counting down the days. We are ready to leave now, but want to be patient for better weather.

Thank you for writing the article. It has helped us plan, plan, plan...

Will call you in May before we leave to get any last minute advice.
OK sounds good .

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Join us. We meet in Montana.
It is a trip of a lifetime. I did not write about the trip up the Alcan as I was limited on each article word count and I wanted to write about the most interesting/exciting aspects of the trip. Part three is almost finished and will be in the next TCT issue.

As I have mentioned before ,all the visitors centers are great resources of information. We found some great camping spots based on visitor center advice. Even though it was light almost all the time we tried to stop no later than 5-6 .

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Just finished part 2. I loved it. Thank for sharing.

Reactions: mep1811

Adventures With Maud

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pine, CO, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Elsner
Member #

That's the trip I'm planning on next Summer from Colorado. I'm originally from BC and Alberta, but have never farther north than Fort St. John. I need to get the 1990 Defender 110 outfitted with new suspension before that trip happens though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stickman

Julio

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Glen Head, NY
First Name
Julio
Last Name
Busse
Member #

Hi all.. my wife and keep talking about a trip to Alaska, but we just can't get more than 3 weeks. I need more time if we plan on driving.
Maybe next year.