OTG 2016 - South/Central California Convoy (maybe?)

• HTML tutorial

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

When are you guys thinking? It takes a few days to do ...134 miles with tons of things to see along the way. So maybe three nights?
I don't have any dates in mind yet, but for that distance 3 days sounds right, specially if there's a lot to see, i have never been there before so super excited to make it a long trip!

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I did the Mojave trail for the first time in the Spring of 2015. I instigated it but one of the guys I went with really dialed in the route, which was really fun for me because I didn't have to motivate AND navigate!
Downside of that is, I am not intimately knowledgeable of all parts of the trail, but feel like I could stumble my way through. Besides, I think I would want to see different things this time.
In other words, count me in!

March is a really good time to go, rainy season is pretty much over, days are not hot, nights are tolerable, but seems like a long ways away from now.

I'm near the west coast and ran it from East side to West side, jumping in at the Colorado river, and ending up pretty close to I-15 just west of Baker, CA. Could have gone further west but it seemed like a good place to drop out and we had hit most of the highlights by that time at the end of day 3.

Should we start a new thread with this in mind? Maybe when it gets a little closer.
Maybe this could be another non-event event and get OB#0000 ( @Michael @Corrie ) to join.

Good times.

Dan.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I did the Mojave trail for the first time in the Spring of 2015. I instigated it but one of the guys I went with really dialed in the route, which was really fun for me because I didn't have to motivate AND navigate!
Downside of that is, I am not intimately knowledgeable of all parts of the trail, but feel like I could stumble my way through. Besides, I think I would want to see different things this time.

March is a really good time to go, rainy season is pretty much over, days are not hot, nights are tolerable, but seems like a long ways away from now.

I'm near the west coast and ran it from East side to West side, jumping in at the Colorado river, and ending up pretty close to I-15 just west of Baker, CA. Could have gone further west but it seemed like a good place to drop out and we had hit most of the highlights by that time at the end of day 3.

Should we start a new thread with this in mind? Maybe when it gets a little closer.
Maybe this could be another non-event event and get OB#0000 ( @Michael @Corrie ) to join.

Good times.

Dan.

Good times.

Dan.
looks like we have a trail master.

Corrie

Rank VII
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Good times.

Dan.
Definitely get a new thread going! Whether or not @Michael and I are able to attend, we're going to want to know details and have you guys report back for a write up on ob.com!

pabloquiros

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Morro Bay, California
Member #

Good times.

Dan.
lets start a new thread for sure!

Reactions: Kelly

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
That's good information, I know exactly where that is too. After a detour and stop up to Fort Paiute, then going South and instead of turning West and climbing a fairly significant grade in a cool canyon, drop further south and take what looks like a more flat road. Stopping by a mine is always fun.
Our first night on the trail there was at the point after the climb where the road kinks North for a short time then kinks west again. Perfect flat spot.
Alright, now I'm getting excited for this one again. C'mon March! New thread in the works.