Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

nice that's out by the old anderson mountian bike trails , not sure if they are still there or not . was an nice place to go ride.

Reactions: KA7USA

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

yeah the nudraper trails , the one's at anderson and 149th were on the ne corner had to drive through a cattle gate they were alot more fun . more hills to climb , i don't know who owned the land but he would open them up in the summer to ride , then close them for hunting season . wish he would open them up again but that was years ago ,

Reactions: KA7USA

SureNSteady

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Branson, MO, Branson, MO, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
D
Member #

Hey where do you guys go wheelin at in OK?

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
I crawl all over the SE part of the state on logging roads in and around the Quachita Natinal Forest between Talihena, OK Muse, OK and Mena, AK. Drop this code [ 8667M7R9+8H ] into Google Maps and change to satellite mode. You'll see all sorts of fire roads between Billy Creek Rec Area and the Talimena scenic drive. All are easy drives, but there are tons of side trails to explore (if not posted)

Another great road one ridge to the South of Muse is the Kiamichi Trail here's a video of that from last year. You can camp in spots along the trail, but it can be hard to figure out where unless you drive it once beforehand. There is a great viewpoint at the trail's midpoint called Three Sticks Monument on state hwy 259 (which is a great drive by itself). You can enter or exit the trail easily here and do the East, or West half, or you can find an entry point at either end. The Western half is slightly tougher and you can count on moving a downed tree, or getting some slight pinstriping as it can get overgrown. [ 8667J87R+3J ]

Another area in on the other side of the state in W Oklahoma I found is Sandy Sanders Wildlife Management Area. Completely different arid, rocky, desert-like with arroyos and some nice cliffs and canyons. I spent all day crawling around there and only saw one other vehicle. During hunting season probably best to avoid (unless you have a deer, tag). Here's the google code for the place I found to enter [ 867226P7+9V ], and exit [ 867233PV+7Q ], but if you look there are many spots to access from any direction.

For dedicated Offroad park Google Gruber Offroad park. I haven't been yet, but plan to.

Interested in hearing back and also if anyone has other spots.

IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0570.JPG

Attachments

Dakota Boren

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mustang, Oklahoma
Member #

I crawl all over the SE part of the state on logging roads in and around the Quachita Natinal Forest between Talihena, OK Muse, OK and Mena, AK. Drop this code [ 8667M7R9+8H ] into Google Maps and change to satellite mode. You'll see all sorts of fire roads between Billy Creek Rec Area and the Talimena scenic drive. All are easy drives, but there are tons of side trails to explore (if not posted)

Another great road one ridge to the South of Muse is the Kiamichi Trail here's a video of that from last year. You can camp in spots along the trail, but it can be hard to figure out where unless you drive it once beforehand. There is a great viewpoint at the trail's midpoint called Three Sticks Monument on state hwy 259 (which is a great drive by itself). You can enter or exit the trail easily here and do the East, or West half, or you can find an entry point at either end. The Western half is slightly tougher and you can count on moving a downed tree, or getting some slight pinstriping as it can get overgrown. [ 8667J87R+3J ]

Another area in on the other side of the state in W Oklahoma I found is Sandy Sanders Wildlife Management Area. Completely different arid, rocky, desert-like with arroyos and some nice cliffs and canyons. I spent all day crawling around there and only saw one other vehicle. During hunting season probably best to avoid (unless you have a deer, tag). Here's the google code for the place I found to enter [ 867226P7+9V ], and exit [ 867233PV+7Q ], but if you look there are many spots to access from any direction.

For dedicated Offroad park Google Gruber Offroad park. I haven't been yet, but plan to.

Interested in hearing back and also if anyone has other spots.

View attachment 15680
View attachment 15683
Oh sweet, I'll check out that area in Western OK since I'm usually on that side of the state and I appreciate the Google maps codes too!

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

Okie

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just joined the forum, I've been a YouTube subscriber for a while. Lots of people to connect with on Facebook that enjoy overlanding. I'm from the Muskogee area. I'm new to the overlanding lifestyle, but not new to wheeling and camping. My current wheeling rig is a 99 4Runner. It's a bit extreme for overlanding, I'm used to more hardcore wheeling, but looking to change directions.