Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi all! I'm new to OB and the Tulsa area. I currently have a full size dodge that I am considering turning into my hunting/overland rig or may pick up a used Tacoma. Any other full size rig guys on here?
I’m in the Tulsa/Brookside area[emoji1366]

Reactions: RedHanded

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello Strangers good to see all that chat going on ...seems like I missed cruiser and coffee yet again. I have started working at Offroad Addiction and with full time student I don't seem to have time for anything anymore. Anyone gearing up for Rendezvous in the Ozarks? Thought I would throw a post out here and try to be included LOL
That’s awesome! Tell Dobbs I said hey[emoji1366] I’ll be in in a few months to get the jeep checked out.

wbslngr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Owasso, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Sang
Member #

New to Overlanding, just starting a build. In the Tulsa area (Owasso). Looking forward to getting off the beaten path. It’s funny, I never noticed any builds, but now that I am getting into it I keep seeing them around... saw a nicely appointed truck with RTT in the school pick up car line today in stone Canyon!

wbslngr

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Owasso, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Sang
Member #

2016 F-150... ordered ICON Stage 2 yesterday. Ordering Rhino Wheels and NItto Tires today. Still RTT shopping and will be working on a custom rack soon. Beyond that... who knows, lol.

Reactions: Iwata77

carguyinok

Rank 0

Contributor I

N.E Oklahoma
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Shlosser
I'm not from OK but I work in Quapaw OK.
New member here in NE Oklahoma. I was looking into the Oklahoma Adventure Trail & came across your post. Long story short I'd like to put NE Oklahoma on that route map. We have SO much to offer this route it's not even funny. Anyway, if you'd like to talk a bit I think we could get some adventure with a bit of purpose sprinkled in the mix.

carguyinok

Rank 0

Contributor I

N.E Oklahoma
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Shlosser
Can anyone point me to some good threads about Robbers Cave. Ive done some searching online and havn't found much information. I would like to check it out eventually but I want to have a little more info on it first.
Not sure what kind of info your after. I've spent a fair amount of time there hiking and camping. But as far as going off road I'm not sure they off much of anything aside from a couple of minimum maintenance dirt roads. Robbers Cave is mainly an equestrian state park. With that it is littered with amazing trails your not allowed on with vehicles.

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

I am selling a fridge/freezer I bought but never used. Here is the ad I posted : New Dometic CFX75 Fridge/Freezer - $1000

Reactions: Hirvy

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
So I did a thing on Saturday. Sold my white trailer bed for cash and acquired a Datsun trailer as partial trade! Call me crazy but a couple reasons why I switched the wife felt like the camper was a coffin and when I switched her to the RTT it was about 7’ off the ground. When we were testing it out it happened to be windy and unstable and didn’t think it would be safe enough for the three kiddos to sleep in. So I spent the whole weekend prepping/building the new build for the Rendezvous. Tomorrow I will hopefully be doing an axle flip to lift it and getting some bigger wheels/tires.

Old Trailer:
EA76BDA2-02E3-4F32-BEA2-F97F9C860333.jpeg
New Trailer:
8A7ABB45-096E-42FB-9A26-AE48F1FB1011.jpeg
B07672E2-4496-406D-A3AD-294799B2DE1D.jpeg
81E47F3F-3B0D-4D6E-8EC6-792978F7BD7C.jpeg

3rd_Degree_Adv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mustang, OK
First Name
R
Last Name
Burns
Member #

So I did a thing on Saturday. Sold my white trailer bed for cash and acquired a Datsun trailer as partial trade! Call me crazy but a couple reasons why I switched the wife felt like the camper was a coffin and when I switched her to the RTT it was about 7’ off the ground. When we were testing it out it happened to be windy and unstable and didn’t think it would be safe enough for the three kiddos to sleep in. So I spent the whole weekend prepping/building the new build for the Rendezvous. Tomorrow I will hopefully be doing an axle flip to lift it and getting some bigger wheels/tires.

Old Trailer:
View attachment 122094
New Trailer:
View attachment 122091
View attachment 122093
View attachment 122092
Visually, I like the new trailer better. How are you liking a trailer setup? I've been seriously contemplating building one like this for us to use.

Reactions: r_horner

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Visually, I like the new trailer better. How are you liking a trailer setup? I've been seriously contemplating building one like this for us to use.
I am loving it. Haven’t used RTT part of it yet. I originally had a Ranger short bed we used for the summer that hauled all our gear around. So 3 different setups since May!

0939B02A-2DA8-4750-A3BD-C0A80929550E.jpeg
F4C34C1E-6872-4ADD-BB31-03CF73606488.jpeg
7D1C2833-E7B4-49E1-A6F7-3C1EBAB2E14A.jpeg