Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Actually know a couple. Did a photoshoot with one back before they were known. My son is in the street racing scene as well.
I could hang with any of them. I'll stick to my nice slow creepy crawling off road vehicles though. LOL

Reactions: Threads

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
I feel like I saw a thread or event about an event going on for those who want to get their Ham license, has this come and gone or still upcoming? Will there be another one any time soon?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I feel like I saw a thread or event about an event going on for those who want to get their Ham license, has this come and gone or still upcoming? Will there be another one any time soon?
You probably did from @TerryD ! On the morning check in thread.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Hey @RedHanded Wagoner area here work in Tulsa. Welcome aboard! There are a few guys on here that are full size drivers, Im currently in a TJ, but will eventually make my way to an 80 or 100 series land cruiser when im done paying off the wifes QX56... In another 30 months.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Is this the one you are referring to?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sorry I gave Helipilot2 said: incorrect poster name in his search. I could have sworn it was @TerryD, I just got the two of you confused. Lanlubber

Reactions: TerryD

Bonepile

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sand Springs, OK, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Dover
Member #

Hi all! I'm new to OB and the Tulsa area. I currently have a full size dodge that I am considering turning into my hunting/overland rig or may pick up a used Tacoma. Any other full size rig guys on here?
I live in Sand Springs. We drive a Dodge Ram 1500 with a few mods. Welcome to the group!

Reactions: RedHanded

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I think I mentioned something about here in Virginia somewhere along the way. But I like to preach Ham a little!
I thought you did but I got confused about @Prerunner1982 post and your mentioning the Friday night broadcast.
I tried to pick up your broadcast this past Friday on my short wave but I'm just to far out of the loop to receive you. I know there are repeaters up here because the forest service uses them but my SW is old and I dont have my long wire antenna set up on my roof.

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Yea that is the one. Just looked at the date and times and won't be able to make that work. I work every other tuesday and my off tuesdays the wife and I usually go out of town. Guess I will have to do it the old fashioned way and study the question bank.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Yea that is the one. Just looked at the date and times and won't be able to make that work. I work every other tuesday and my off tuesdays the wife and I usually go out of town. Guess I will have to do it the old fashioned way and study the question bank.
www.hamstudy.org worked well for me. I also used the study guides from No-Nonsense Study Guides - KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog
The Edmond club does test the 1st Saturday of each month, the other clubs in the area offer test on other dates throughout the month.

Reactions: Helipilot2

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Reactions: Prerunner1982

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Hey @RedHanded Wagoner area here work in Tulsa. Welcome aboard! There are a few guys on here that are full size drivers, Im currently in a TJ, but will eventually make my way to an 80 or 100 series land cruiser when im done paying off the wifes QX56... In another 30 months.
I went with to an 80 series from an XJ and love it!

Reactions: Bouncer

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

I couldn’t open the link when is it?
This Saturday. I'll see if I can find a better link. And I went to the first one with my ZR2 and another with his Jeep. @Helipilot2 you'll fit in more than we were since you have a Toyota but it was really cool. Lots of Cruisers of all series and 4runners and tacos and old Toyota trucks.