Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Hey all, new Okie member here. I have absolutely zero overland experience but sold my built CJ5 in October which sat on one tons, full hydro steer, 40s, the works. I have spent the last few years doing crawling in that Jeep but decided to part ways with it since I wasn't using it as much as I would like. Decided to go a different route so the wife and I are building the Tundra as my DD and our weekend vehicle. Full skids front to back are on order, waiting on the lift to be approved for the 2019s, will sit on 35s the first year while I focus on other mods and then will step up to 37s, 4.88s and a rear locker. Bumpers, winch, and sliders will be on around fall, waiting on Victory 4x4 to release their new Tundra full replacement bumpers. As of now I think I am going to opt for the half rack with a tent on it to keep my CG down as much as possible without sticking stuff on the roof. Planning on dabbling with Gaia this next week to see how that all works, I work 7 on 7 off so hoping to meet some people I can enjoy some trips with.

Looks like there is a get together coming up on Saturday, I am totally game to make it out to this. Is the meet happening at just an open parking lot, coffee spot, breakfast joint?

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

Hey all, new Okie member here. I have absolutely zero overland experience but sold my built CJ5 in October which sat on one tons, full hydro steer, 40s, the works. I have spent the last few years doing crawling in that Jeep but decided to part ways with it since I wasn't using it as much as I would like. Decided to go a different route so the wife and I are building the Tundra as my DD and our weekend vehicle. Full skids front to back are on order, waiting on the lift to be approved for the 2019s, will sit on 35s the first year while I focus on other mods and then will step up to 37s, 4.88s and a rear locker. Bumpers, winch, and sliders will be on around fall, waiting on Victory 4x4 to release their new Tundra full replacement bumpers. As of now I think I am going to opt for the half rack with a tent on it to keep my CG down as much as possible without sticking stuff on the roof. Planning on dabbling with Gaia this next week to see how that all works, I work 7 on 7 off so hoping to meet some people I can enjoy some trips with.

Looks like there is a get together coming up on Saturday, I am totally game to make it out to this. Is the meet happening at just an open parking lot, coffee spot, breakfast joint?
Yeah, the cars & coffee events are just an open parking lot in front of Crest Grocery. There will be all kinds of cars there, hopefully we can find an area to all park together. Since we haven't had a central OK meetup in awhile, we figured we would keep it simple. Hopefully we can get some cooler trips and meetups planned for later in the year.

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Yeah, the cars & coffee events are just an open parking lot in front of Crest Grocery. There will be all kinds of cars there, hopefully we can find an area to all park together. Since we haven't had a central OK meetup in awhile, we figured we would keep it simple. Hopefully we can get some cooler trips and meetups planned for later in the year.
I would be game for some trips and so would the wife. Not sure what there is worth doing in Oklahoma, everything I did with the Jeep was at parks so no clue where the good routes are around the state.

Reactions: Oklamopar

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

I would be game for some trips and so would the wife. Not sure what there is worth doing in Oklahoma, everything I did with the Jeep was at parks so no clue where the good routes are around the state.
One of the biggest things to do besides off road parks is the OAT (Oklahoma Adventure Trail) or our leg of the TAT (Trans American Trail).

Reactions: Oklamopar

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
One of the biggest things to do besides off road parks is the OAT (Oklahoma Adventure Trail) or our leg of the TAT (Trans American Trail).
I was starting do some reading on the OAT but haven't completed that task yet. I am going to look into doing it with some others. I went back to the original post and can't get the link to work for the trail information. I downloaded Garmin Basecamp like the post says but when I download the link and try to open it, it just tells me I need an app. Any ideas?

Last edited:

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

I was starting do some reading on the OAT but haven't completed that task yet. I am going to look into doing it with some others. I went back to the original post and can't get the link to work for the trail information. I downloaded Garmin Basecamp like the post says but when I download the link and try to open it, it just tells me I need an app. Any ideas?
The best way I did it was to download a zip file and using GAIA uploaded it on my laptop and it transfers over to the app using phone or tablet.

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Yall have way more great trails than that eastern oklahoma is full of trails in the national forrest.
We do have some great trails in eastern Ok, just gotta go exploring, which is most of the fun. The K trail used to be one of the best but because of private property owners and jerks who abuse the privilege, we have lost some of the trail.