Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mustang, OK
First Name
R
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Hello fellow OKies! Just joined the OB community and thought I'd reach out and introduce myself. I'm located in Mustang and my son and I are building up our rig for weekend getaways and extended backroad adventures. Looking forward to getting to know anyone "local" as most people around here seem to be more into going to Offroad Parks for the day and then back home.

3rd_Degree_Adv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mustang, OK
First Name
R
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Welcome @3rd_Degree_Adv ..I think most here are in for weekend or longer overnight trips. At the end of next month a few of us are headed to an event in Arkansas put on by Natural State Overland called Bonfire Rendezvous its April 27th plan on leaving Friday.
That looks like it would be a great weekend! Unfortunately I have to work that weekend. :disappointed: But I do plan on making it out to AR sometime this year as I hear there are some great trail/camping locations over there.

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome @3rd_Degree_Adv ..I think most here are in for weekend or longer overnight trips. At the end of next month a few of us are headed to an event in Arkansas put on by Natural State Overland called Bonfire Rendezvous its April 27th plan on leaving Friday.
I should be good to go. I have some buddies from work that are wanting to come also! What time are y’all planning on leaving Friday we may have to take some leave that day.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Man I stopped paying attention to the thread and there so many new faces. Welcome all! @3rd_Degree_Adv I grew up in Mustang and still have family there. Such a very different place than when I was growing up.

To all those going to the AR Bonfire looking forward to meeting you and up for meeting up along the way. Planning on heading out of OKC area early Friday afternoon and meeting up with @OKT4RCPL around Shawnee.

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Man I stopped paying attention to the thread and there so many new faces. Welcome all! @3rd_Degree_Adv I grew up in Mustang and still have family there. Such a very different place than when I was growing up.

To all those going to the AR Bonfire looking forward to meeting you and up for meeting up along the way. Planning on heading out of OKC area early Friday afternoon and meeting up with @OKT4RCPL around Shawnee.
Count me in as of now!

Reactions: OKT4RCPL

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Wish I could go with you all to the bonfire. I’ll be leaving that same weekend but for work.

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

Think we are leaving out early saturday morning as work till 5pm

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

Spent yeasterday on a piece of the OAT. Perry to Dewey. Was a long day but worth it. Mix of 1.5 lane blacktop and dirt and gravel roads. Some state highways. 187.73 miles about 7:32 mn of moving time. missed 1 road and added 40 min and 1 bridge out added about 25 min.

Attachments

Last edited: