Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

CCFinOKC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Member #

I’m thinking about screwing 20’ of L Track to the inside AND outside of my JKU. Am I crazy? I got an exoskeleton so not like another 20-30 holes going to make a big difference!

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
I've thought about getting one of those trasharoos but just never have. What kind of camp chair did you get? I've been trying to find one that will fit inside one of my plano cases but isn't too terribly uncomfortable
Hit up Tyler boadman. He owns pfadventures and is local to tusa. Hes good people. He had some chairs, I belive frontrunner makes them super comfortable and folded down pretty small.

CCFinOKC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Member #

I’m down to meet up.
Cars and Coffee is this weekend at North Park Mall in OKC... you can find the details on the Facebook page. 8am. I usually go and look at the classic and exotic cars... be nice to have a row of overlanders... whip the tent out. Set up for breakfast. I could even break out the solo stove and set up a legit campsite.

Last edited:

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Finished product of the new to me 2007 Runner for now!

2.5/1.5 Daystar w/ 5th gen stock suspension (will eventually go with 5100s and OME)
1.25” Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
285/70/17 Falken at3w

Trying to build it like my old Tacoma I used to own

2015 DCSB TRD Off-Road
Front lift: Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks set at 0. OME 885x coils and SPC Adjustable UCA's. Rear lift: Bilstein 5100 shocks. 1.5 inch add a leaf. Falken Wildpeaks A/T2 tires LT285/70/R17 (33s) Procomp 7032 matte black wheels 17x9 -6 offset.

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys. I meant to post this a while ago but with all the chat about the ktrail..... me and a buddy ran the trail from just east of 3 sticks around to the east side of broken bow lake and camped right on the water. Was a good 2 days. We ran into a couple locals and got nothing but a wave. While the trail is by no means technical, it was fun. Couple spots where very narrow. Got some new scratches. We were out in 10 inches of rain in 2 days. If anyone wants the gpx files hit me up.
Def would like them. I am trying to go out tomorrow night.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Good Morning All. I will be uploading a Rally Point later today when I can get off my work computer. For those of you that are interested we will be doing a breakfast at a location TBD. From there we plan to convoy out to Lake Fredrick and just have a fun get together and hangout day. It will be occurring on the 20th of January and will be just a day trip. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. Once again I will be posting a RP when I am at a computer that will allow me to use more functions on the website. Search Google Maps For Lake Fredrick OK. Activities will on the south east side of the lake in the Curtis cove area.

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
I'll be missing this meetup. My daughter is flying to Germany to be with her husband the morning of the 20th, so I'll be at the airport with her. Hopefully something else comes along in short order though :smile:

Reactions: KDC

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Good Morning all. Sorry for the delay, i have been extremely busy at work this past week and a half or so. i finally got some time to sit down this morning and create a rally point. this only has the location of where we will be meeting to do the trails and the adventuring. If you would like to join us for breakfast and the convoy out please PM me so that i can get a number of people as space is limited at our small breakfast spot.

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/lake-fredrick-get-together/

Reactions: OkieOverlander

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Good Morning all. Sorry for the delay, i have been extremely busy at work this past week and a half or so. i finally got some time to sit down this morning and create a rally point. this only has the location of where we will be meeting to do the trails and the adventuring. If you would like to join us for breakfast and the convoy out please PM me so that i can get a number of people as space is limited at our small breakfast spot.

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/lake-fredrick-get-together/
Dang I’m heading to Tulsa that day!

emtgared

Rank II

Member I

Hinton, Oklahoma
First Name
Gared
Last Name
Findley
Member #

Figured it was time to post up and start being active on here.

I'm Gared Findley, Located in Hinton OK. Been wheeling for years, but the last few the overland bug has taken a hold on me. I still do some wheeling trips, and some just camping trips, and love just about anything outdoors.

Rig is a 2014 Jeep JKU rubicon, and Custom built Expedition Trailer. Both are always changing and never complete lol.

Ive met a few of you on the trail, and always looking forward to meeting more of you and getting out on a adventure together, Or even just sharing knowledge and wrenching together. You can find me on facebook as well as YouTube, and I Cant wait to meet some of you!

IMG_2055.JPG IMG_2056.JPG IMG_2145.JPG

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

I'm Gared Findley, Located in Hinton OK. Been wheeling for years, but the last few the overland bug has taken a hold on me. I still do some wheeling trips, and some just camping trips, and love just about anything outdoors.

Rig is a 2014 Jeep JKU rubicon, and Custom built Expedition Trailer. Both are always changing and never complete lol.

Ive met a few of you on the trail, and always looking forward to meeting more of you and getting out on a adventure together, Or even just sharing knowledge and wrenching together. You can find me on facebook as well as YouTube, and I Cant wait to meet some of you!

View attachment 83024 View attachment 83025 View attachment 83026
I like the setup. Maybe some more pics if you have them on the trailer and it’s build up.

Reactions: r_horner

BlueMooseExplorer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Choctaw, Oklahoma
First Name
JEREMY
Last Name
ZUNIGA
Member #

Nice set up.[emoji1417][emoji1417]

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

I like your video of American Horse Lake area, Bridgeport and Hinton. I spent some time out there last fall had a great time!

Walter

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Katie Okla.
Member #

Nice set up. Have you had it down to the Sandy Sanders WMA since it's kind of in your area? I plan on going there this spring for a few days.

emtgared

Rank II

Member I

Hinton, Oklahoma
First Name
Gared
Last Name
Findley
Member #

Nice set up. Have you had it down to the Sandy Sanders WMA since it's kind of in your area? I plan on going there this spring for a few days.
I drove through it when I did the OAT in September. I had no idea it was as big of an area as it is. I plan on going back and doing a weekend trip or something this year and exploring the area more.

Reactions: Walter