Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

I really appreciate the open dialog on the K Trail. I have always wanted to run it, but hesitated due to its sketchy online reputation (essentially 2 or 3 bad experiences with certain game wardens and tire spikes that have been rehashed multiple times online). It sounds like as long as you respect gates, tresspassing signs, and stay on the trail it's fair game. I just want to go see the firetower someday.

SE Oklahoma is still a pretty wild place that one just needs to discover for themselves (with caution of course). Its not well documented like trails in Colorado and Utah that literally have books written about them.

I am reminded of the Hobbit quote "The world is not in your books and maps, its out there" -Gandalf
I frequent that part of Oklahoma, as we are from Dallas. I’d be more than happy to show a “few” the area. I definitely don’t want to give out all my secret spots... [emoji55]

Tire spikes?! Holy cow! That’s not from an official. That’s more like an asshole... or just an angry property owner who is probably fed up from people trashing his private land. If not, that’s a bold move and illegal I might add [emoji23] definitely can’t go around laying spike strips down like banana peals in Mario Kart!

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

Yeah one of the old K Trail stories I heard is that somebody got multiple flats from hitting rebar spikes submerged in a mud hole. Had to have been put there by an angry property owner. For all I know they could have been way off the trail though.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
K-trail from Clayton to Indian highway, I ran it once. Had a blast. Then found out it was actually private property. Land owners driveway, if you will. IMG_6955.JPG