Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

On Sunday went exploring the Oklahoma Adventure Trail from Perry to Jet. About an hour away but that trail is like dirt farm roads and the occasional pavement. Worth looking into.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Used to be trails around Lake Liberty in Guthrie but I heard they are closed now. Been years since I been back that way so I dont know for sure.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hey all. OB14267. I’m down in Lawton. As I’ve seen through this whole thread the topic seems to cover my issue. There are definitely not a lot of places to go out and adventure unless you go through private property. I have found a few small trails but nothing to really do a deep discussion on yet

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Welcome to the forums @KDC ..I think the OAT (Oklahoma Adv. Trail) is the longest in the state but like @Hirvy mentioned its not much of a trail. Stuck with parks here. Ozarks is the closest place to go trail ride I think.

Reactions: r_horner and KDC

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Update: On November 30th I’ll be heading out to Red Rock Canyon and American Horse Lake. A couple other rigs may be going if any want to meet up.

Clayton25

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Brewer
Member #

Hey all,
Just joined. I am in Edmond.

Looking to plan a starting trip where I can learn some and see some cool things. Just want to get off pavement and roll around. Do you all have any ideas for a starting location? I thought about crawling around the Ozarks but saw that many of the good trails were now private and didn't want to risk trespassing.

Wanting to find a 3-4 day trip. Maybe that means leaving Oklahoma sadly. I know that the amount of available trails here pales in comparison with other states.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hey all,
Just joined. I am in Edmond.

Looking to plan a starting trip where I can learn some and see some cool things. Just want to get off pavement and roll around. Do you all have any ideas for a starting location? I thought about crawling around the Ozarks but saw that many of the good trails were now private and didn't want to risk trespassing.

Wanting to find a 3-4 day trip. Maybe that means leaving Oklahoma sadly. I know that the amount of available trails here pales in comparison with other states.
Hey. Yea me and a friend are getting ready to check out a new location to see if it is any good. Once we figure it out I’ll be posting more info. Location is lake Fredrick they apparently have a few trails along with camping and fishing. It’s all public access and few dollar fee

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Hi @Clayton25 I'm in Edmond too on the south east corner of Lake Arcadia. @KDC interested to see what you find. @4.0LitersToFreedom and I are thinking of getting a few folks together in Dec to hit up Crossbar. Most likely a day trip but they do have camping if you wanted to stay there too.

Reactions: r_horner

Clayton25

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Brewer
Member #

Hi @Clayton25 I'm in Edmond too on the south east corner of Lake Arcadia. @KDC interested to see what you find. @4.0LitersToFreedom and I are thinking of getting a few folks together in Dec to hit up Crossbar. Most likely a day trip but they do have camping if you wanted to stay there too.
I would be extremely interested. That way I can learn more. Depending on the dates. I’m by Quail Springs Mall.

I have a trip planned with my family and work something pops up.

What dates were you all thinking?

Reactions: CCFinOKC

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

For everyone that thinks Oklahoma doesn’t have any trails, you should go explore Ouachita National Forest. Miles upon miles of scenic trails.

I have shared multiple posts in this thread with photos. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me and I’ll try and point you in the right direction.

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Attachments

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name