Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Service Branch
EMT-Basic
What other trails are located in Oklahoma besides the K-trail? If so where are they located and is anyone getting a group together?

SEMPERLIBERI

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Enid, OK
Member #

When you all talk about the K trail, are you talking about the Oklahoma Adventure Trail? New to the forum here, working in Enid and driving a '14 Wrangler. I've run about 600 miles of the OAT so far, looking to get more done this coming weekend. If anyone is interested in meeting up/running some of it together, I'll be in south central OK, running right along the border and ending at Lake Texoma. It's been a blast so far.

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

When you all talk about the K trail, are you talking about the Oklahoma Adventure Trail? New to the forum here, working in Enid and driving a '14 Wrangler. I've run about 600 miles of the OAT so far, looking to get more done this coming weekend. If anyone is interested in meeting up/running some of it together, I'll be in south central OK, running right along the border and ending at Lake Texoma. It's been a blast so far.
no. K trail is the Kiamichi trail that runs from Arkansas to Oklahoma (through the Ouachita NF and into oklahoma)

Reactions: SEMPERLIBERI

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Anyone planning a K Trail trip? I still need to do the Eastern half from Three Sticks to Mena, AR.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: BillZ260

JFick

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston
Hi everyone! I'm not super new to OB, but here's my rig:

I live in Norman (just graduated), and am hopefully about to land a full-time job in OKC. I'm originally from Houston, and have been up here for five years. I love it more and more every year! Such a beautiful state. Hope to see you all on the road (and off).

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Well at least there is two of us @JFick for a meet up your not in Houston right?
...anyone thinking of going to Natural State Overland trip in October?

Reactions: Zheking

JFick

Rank 0

Contributor I

Houston
Well at least there is two of us @JFick for a meet up your not in Houston right?
...anyone thinking of going to Natural State Overland trip in October?
Not currently in Houston, but I should be in OKC full-time dependent upon finding a job in the next few months.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Awesome but thats Oct so lets get something before the weather gets really hot here in Oklahoma ...Anyone else in for a meet up ?

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Would like to try a group trip on the OAT ..Northeast section maybe start in Perkins and head toward Tulsa? Heard K trail is no longer able to be traveled ?

Zheking

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

planet Earth
Member #

@JFick good luck on the job hunt....keep this in mind for Oct. https://www.naturalstateoverland.org/rendezvous-in-the-ozarks-info

This is actually going to be just kind of a convention type thing. There will be no runs sponosored by the event (though peopel can do them).

They actually asked a buddy of mine to a video on proper roll over recovery w/ winch so I will be helping him with that and you will see my xterra in it. I will probably go up to the event.

We should do k-trail from mena as far as we can go until we see private property signs and back soon.

Or Ozark NF "high water mark" trail.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
@Zheking ..Yeah understand its a convention thing..just trying to share the word about it. Was hoping to get some attention here in the Oklahoma area for a trail ride if its the Adventure Trail or K trail ...not sure about either as I haven't done any of them nor did I know of their existence till I got into overlanding. Love the Mena area made several trips down there usually in a Mustang and stayed at Robbers Cave State Park in Oklahoma and enjoyed brews at Choc with some great Italian food.

Reactions: Zheking