Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Was it any of you I saw parked at wister state park last night? We went through scouting campsites for end of June. Saw a nicely setup Lexus with a tent behind it. Made me curious if it was one of us.

We had to get back home so I didn’t have time to stop and ask

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

How was everyones weekend. Hope you got some offroad driven off grid camping done. As well as getting time to remember those that gave it all so we can enjoy this life we were given.
I purchaced a new to me off road trailer and RTT. Got to do about 600 miles total with 115 miles of the OAT from east of highway 75 doun to below 412 senic. Thats when I realized I needed fuel. Going to make video of trip. 100_1699.JPG100_1703.JPG100_1709.JPG100_1711.JPG100_1700.JPG100_1717.JPG100_1716.JPG100_1711.JPG100_1708.JPGMVI_0004_Moment(2).jpgMVI_0004_Moment(2).jpg

RusD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Choctaw, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
D
Member #

How was everyones weekend. Hope you got some offroad driven off grid camping done. As well as getting time to remember those that gave it all so we can enjoy this life we were given.
I purchaced a new to me off road trailer and RTT. Got to do about 600 miles total with 115 miles of the OAT from east of highway 75 doun to below 412 senic. Thats when I realized I needed fuel. Going to make video of trip. View attachment 155657View attachment 155658View attachment 155659View attachment 155660View attachment 155661View attachment 155662View attachment 155663View attachment 155664View attachment 155665View attachment 155674View attachment 155674
Looks like a fun run. Nice trailer; we have a similar setup and love it. What tent is that? It looks like it was made for trailer height without too much sag on the annex portion.

Reactions: Oklamopar

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Moving to OK from NC in July. Any good areas to check out near Ft Sill?
Let me preemptively welcome you to Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Adventure Trail runs right by Ft. Sill.
Actual National Forest are along the far east part of the state with much larger portions of NF in Arkansas.

Reactions: r_horner

JCBigler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chouteau, OK
Member #

Now that things are opening back up, let's work on scheduling an Oklahoma meet up/trip. (Quick, before they shut everything down again).

I suggest either Labor Day weekend, or during fall break in October so we can do a few days and the kids won't miss any school.

Suggestions for places to go or things to do?

K Trail?
Black Mesa?
Little Sahara?
others?

THREAD HERE

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Now that things are opening back up, let's work on scheduling an Oklahoma meet up/trip. (Quick, before they shut everything down again).

I suggest either Labor Day weekend, or during fall break in October so we can do a few days and the kids won't miss any school.

K Trail?
Black Mesa?
Little Sahara?
others?

THREAD HERE
I’m interested as long as I can line my schedule up with it once it’s official.

the southeastern part of the state is by far the most scenic from what we have traveled. There’s the broken bow/talihina area that has the ouachita NF surrounding it. I did a weekend run with a couple other OB’ers down there last weekend.

I haven’t played around in the northeastern corner yet, so there may be more up there too. Not sure.

that is, if you’re wanting a trail weekend, not sure on the rest of the state for trails/forest roads as it’s mostly private land. We did the western sections of the OAT and it didn’t compare to the eastern sides for us.

That said, I haven’t looked at the MVUM for Cibola NF our in western ok in awhile.

All of this, of course, depends on what type of meet up you’re planning.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I’m interested as long as I can line my schedule up with it once it’s official.

the southeastern part of the state is by far the most scenic from what we have traveled. There’s the broken bow/talihina area that has the ouachita NF surrounding it. I did a weekend run with a couple other OB’ers down there last weekend.

I haven’t played around in the northeastern corner yet, so there may be more up there too. Not sure.

that is, if you’re wanting a trail weekend, not sure on the rest of the state for trails/forest roads as it’s mostly private land. We did the western sections of the OAT and it didn’t compare to the eastern sides for us.

That said, I haven’t looked at the MVUM for Cibola NF our in western ok in awhile.

All of this, of course, depends on what type of meet up you’re planning.
Northeastern Oklahoma holds a gem if you like playing in the rocks, check out Disney Oklahoma below the dam.

Reactions: Iwata77

Grindstone

Rank 0

Contributor II

Mustang, OK, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
M

K Trail?
Black Mesa?
Little Sahara?
others?

THREAD HERE
I'm in! I'm interested in exploring trails, especially out East in the NF.

I've heard K Trail is basically closed due to sections being closed private land. The Forest Service has Motor Vehicle Use Maps showing what's legal to drive on.

Not interested in rock crawling a small area.

JCBigler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chouteau, OK
Member #

To be honest, I’m not real big on rocks. I grew up in mud. it’s my comfy spot. But I’m getting more daring with rocks. Slowly. Lol
There's plenty of trails up in the hills south of the dam in the Disney off road area. How much mud there is depends on how much rain we've had lately.

Here's some picture of my truck running around out there many years ago:

Attachments

r_horner

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Guthrie, Logan County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

K Trail?
Black Mesa?
Little Sahara?
others?

THREAD HERE
Y’all should check out the Ozarks in the fall. Natural State Overland Hosts an event in the spring and fall. 480C5006-93C4-4861-B7E7-B218502861D0.jpeg

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

I’m game for September, Supposed to be in CA October but who knows if that will pan out lol.

K Trail?
Black Mesa?
Little Sahara?
others?

THREAD HERE