Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Hey Everyone
Its been a while since I have posted anything on here. Going back to school has kept me pretty busy and then this stupid virus shutting stuff down just ridiculous. Hope to make it to Natural State Overland this year missed it last year since I had a D.C. trip. This next weekend we are headed to northwest Oklahoma for Selman Bat watch at Alabaster Caverns. Did anyone catch that new IceCo 3-n1 Fridge Freezer Cooler on Kickstarter? I was able to pick one up looking forward to trying it out.

Sean's #1 Pop

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Phelan, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6UEP
Wife and I will be in OK for a week at the end of the month looking at properties in Davis, Checotah, Poteau and Eufaula (son lives in Muskogee). Coming from the western region there is abundant open land here for off-roading and dispersed activities. How is the off roading and overlanding in OK? The availability of recreational land is definitely a consideration as we plan early retirement and I'd appreciate the group's input.

Reactions: Iwata77

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Wife and I will be in OK for a week at the end of the month looking at properties in Davis, Checotah, Poteau and Eufaula (son lives in Muskogee). Coming from the western region there is abundant open land here for off-roading and dispersed activities. How is the off roading and overlanding in OK? The availability of recreational land is definitely a consideration as we plan early retirement and I'd appreciate the group's input.
from the areas that you listed, Poteau will be the best for overlanding/off-roading/camping. It’s near the Ouachita National. Forest. As well as, it’s not too far from the Ozark National Forest. That is really the only overlanding areas in OK. We have the Oklahoma Adventure Trail, but the best areas of it are in the southeast area of the state.

there are plentiful lakes/state parks everywhere for camping and a handful of Offroad parks, but the southeast of the state or Arkansas is where we head for dispersed camping

i live about 30 minutes from Davis. The arbuckle mountains are beautiful, but privately owned. There’s a Offroad park there though.

Grindstone

Rank 0

Contributor II

Mustang, OK, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
M
Get as close to Arkansas as you can. Oklahoma is 97% private land.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Howdy ya'll, I'm a new member here. Excited to find this community. I go to school in norman. Looking to do some Overlanding with some of y'all soon. Any tips for the Wichita Mountains area? Thanks!
Welcome!

that area has a section of the Oklahoma adventure trail running through it, but that’s about all I am aware of down there for overlanding.

Reactions: Grindstone

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Sorry for the short notice, if you’re in the Tulsa/Jenks vicinity there’s a Rigs and Coffee event Saturday morning. Mostly Toyota’s and Rovers but they didn’t care that my jeep crashes their party last month lol.

Attachments

Reactions: ryanorr280

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Sorry for the short notice, if you’re in the Tulsa/Jenks vicinity there’s a Rigs and Coffee event Saturday morning. Mostly Toyota’s and Rovers but they didn’t care that my jeep crashes their party last month lol.
Wish we were closer, not sure the wife wants to go for that far of a drive on our weekend we planned to stay home. Hahahaha

Reactions: Iwata77

Zacharyhatter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Snyder, OK, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Hatter
Member #

How’s it going everyone been a while since I’ve posted but I’ve done a lot of stuff to my grand Cherokee zj I live in southwest Oklahoma and definitely looking for somewhere to wheel soon any suggestions? This is my rig so far a lot more to come in the next week with a lot of armor upgrades being done!

Attachments

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

I haven’t been around here a whole lot myself lately. Lake weekends have been winning the battle for my time lol. Idk what’s allowed/not allowed, but the Altus-lugert wildlife management area had some little trails I saw when we did that section of the OAT. Only time I’ve been in your neck of the woods looking around though

Last edited:
Reactions: Oklamopar

Grindstone

Rank 0

Contributor II

Mustang, OK, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
M
Wife is going to be floating the Illinois River with some friends Sunday, so after dropping her off I want to explore the area. Anybody have any recommendations or files to share for the area near-ish Eagle Bluff? She's got a long float, so I don't mind something that's over an hour or so away.
Or anybody want to meet up?
I'm open to any ideas.

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

Looks like we may be getting a early fall. LOL . Going to need to go to the southeast and finish discovering around Broken Bow. I ordered a cheap fridge, now to get the Acorn wired for it. Got everything else done and did an overnighter and seems to be working well. See ya in the Forest.108720225_10220809900771051_3800527004491314130_o.jpg