Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
This is an unboxing/overview of the Teyes CC3 head unit I ordered for my 2008 Lexus GX470. When ordering the head unit, I also purchased a few other accessories to go with it. Links are below. There will be another video going over the installation process and reviewing the head unit functionality.

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 120 / Lexus GX470 (2004-2009) (teyes.com.au)

TEYES Sony Reverse Camera 1080p

Integrated AR HD Dash Camera (teyes.com.au)

TEYES OBD II
Awesome

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I just picked up this thread, I like what you are doing. Have you change ALL of you fluids?. Checked all the rubber? Replace all the filters? Picked up extra filters. A lift doesn't do much good when you are on the side of the road. With the truck I am driving now I went through it all and replaced allot. It had 65k on it and I wasn't going to wonder if something was going to break.

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I got the Bison Gear Ceiling Shelf installed and I am really liking how it looks and functions. It is super nice to be able to get some stuff up off the floor of the rear cargo area and into this attic space. Check out the video below!

Ceiling Shelf - GX470

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I got an install, tips, and overview video made for the Teyes CC3 head unit in my GX470. I am loving it so far. Check out the video below!

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
Got the Garage Alpha TRD grill in and installed. Loving the upgrade. I still need to wire up the raptor lights.

Now I need to black out the headlights or get some sport headlights.F07DD1DB-52F4-48E4-8B53-AD260DBA6870.jpeg48ED0FBE-ADE0-475A-8663-08B159589551.jpeg

Reactions: D4R4x4

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
I got the Bison Gear Door Net Replacement installed. Everyone knows the GX470 rear door net sags on just about everyone’s and mine was no exception. I fully admit this was mostly for cosmetic purposes, but it does a great job of cleaning up that area and making it usable again. Obviously with the rigid molle panel you are limited on what you can put in the cubby behind it, and I have the Bison Gear fold down table on so that limits what I can put on the front side as well. YouTube video below.

BA0ADC46-E28C-45CA-8574-A0B253389170.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Arailt

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

How do you like the awning? I was looking at building my own but for $100 I dont know that you can beat it.
I haven't put it through its paces in real world use just yet, but my initial impressions are it is pretty good for the price! I am not expecting this to be bomb proof and last forever, but unless your DIY awning will be more sturdy for a similar price, I think this is a good option. The weakest link of the NAPA awning has to be the swing out arms and fold down legs. If those fail outside of the warranty period, you could probably canabalize the awning top and mounting components to use for your DIY idea.
I have a Napa awning. It does good providing shade. I caution you to be hesitant to use if windy. That is the downfall with this style of awning. I used it a couple of trips and it was great to have. But on our last camping trip, the wind was gusty. I set it up and let go of it to get the guy lines out and poof. It was flipped up over my roof. The main rail where poles attach was twisted and bent and one of the poles damaged. It wouldn't fold back up. I had to remove it and put it on the ground to bend things enough to get it to fold back up in the bag. I don't know if any of the name brand models are any sturdier, as I havent had experience with them. Napa awning is a good price, good awning.... As long as there is no strong winds.