Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
I got my new wheels and tires put on this week and I am really excited with how they turned out!

I made a video walk around of the setup so check that out. Here are the details and glamour shots:

Youtube: New Wheels & Tires! [RockTrix RT116's / Wildpeaks]

I put new wheels and tires on my GX470 and am pumped with how they turned out. Let me know what you think!

Wheels: RockTrix RT116 17"X9" -12mm offset

Tires: Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's 265/70r17
You're doing a great job! Can't believe what you've been able to do in such a short time.

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

I got the Napa Awning installed this morning. It went on pretty easy. I drilled holes in my roof crossbars and bolted the L-brackets directly to them. I would say that it is fair quality for the price. The construction and materials are definitely not bomb proof but are adequate and will do their job of providing shade! Let me know if you have any questions and check out my YouTube video on this install!

YouTube: GX470 Napa Awning Install

View attachment 211457
How do you like the awning? I was looking at building my own but for $100 I dont know that you can beat it.

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
How do you like the awning? I was looking at building my own but for $100 I dont know that you can beat it.
I haven't put it through its paces in real world use just yet, but my initial impressions are it is pretty good for the price! I am not expecting this to be bomb proof and last forever, but unless your DIY awning will be more sturdy for a similar price, I think this is a good option. The weakest link of the NAPA awning has to be the swing out arms and fold down legs. If those fail outside of the warranty period, you could probably canabalize the awning top and mounting components to use for your DIY idea.

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

I haven't put it through its paces in real world use just yet, but my initial impressions are it is pretty good for the price! I am not expecting this to be bomb proof and last forever, but unless your DIY awning will be more sturdy for a similar price, I think this is a good option. The weakest link of the NAPA awning has to be the swing out arms and fold down legs. If those fail outside of the warranty period, you could probably canabalize the awning top and mounting components to use for your DIY idea.
Yea a lot of the DIY stuff looks essentially comes down to putting it all in a PVC pipe and having to take it out and assemble. I really want to go with a solution like this where its a zippered bag and just kind of folds out of it. Ill see if I can pick one up but looks like they are super popular right now and may be out of stock.

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
Yea a lot of the DIY stuff looks essentially comes down to putting it all in a PVC pipe and having to take it out and assemble. I really want to go with a solution like this where its a zippered bag and just kind of folds out of it. Ill see if I can pick one up but looks like they are super popular right now and may be out of stock.
Just check the NAPA site everyday. They go out of stock a lot but they also come back in stock regularly, at least that was my experience. They also offer a AAA Membership discount.

Reactions: YoKramer

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
Well unfortunately it looks like the Gates TB/Water Pump kit done in 01/2021 is failing already. I am going to have the spark plugs replaced too since I do not know if/when they were last done. So here is a list of my RockAuto order for the repairs that I am having done:
  • Aisin (TKT021) Timing Belt, Water Pump & Component Kit
  • Bando (6PK2240) Drive Belt
  • Denso (3297) Spark Plugs
  • Tuff Support (613070) Lift Supports

This is eating into my lift budget!

• Sad
Reactions: Kozysnack

OverLamb24

Rank V

Advocate III

Spencerville, Maryland, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Cordero
Member #

Well unfortunately it looks like the Gates TB/Water Pump kit done in 01/2021 is failing already. I am going to have the spark plugs replaced too since I do not know if/when they were last done. So here is a list of my RockAuto order for the repairs that I am having done:

Better than engine rebuild budget

Reactions: Arailt and cgibson

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson

Dropped the truck off with the mechanic last night to do this work. Hopefully have it back later this week!

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Did you get new coils as well? If not, let me know what your mechanic says (if that's something that we should do). I'm about to do my plugs. I used to do just plugs on my Tacoma, but the interval was only 30k because they were copper. I read that we should be replacing the coils with the plugs on the 4.7 because the intervals are 90k on iridium.

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
Did you get new coils as well? If not, let me know what your mechanic says (if that's something that we should do). I'm about to do my plugs. I used to do just plugs on my Tacoma, but the interval was only 30k because they were copper. I read that we should be replacing the coils with the plugs on the 4.7 because the intervals are 90k on iridium.
I asked my mechanic if I should replace the ignition coils. He said they aren't really worth doing preventatively, just replace them if/when they go bad.

He worked at a Lexus dealership for a long time, and now is at a Toyota dealership, so I tend to trust what he says.

Reactions: Arailt

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

I asked my mechanic if I should replace the ignition coils. He said they aren't really worth doing preventatively, just replace them if/when they go bad.

He worked at a Lexus dealership for a long time, and now is at a Toyota dealership, so I tend to trust what he says.
Good to hear!

Reactions: D4R4x4

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
Dropped the truck off with the mechanic last night to do this work. Hopefully have it back later this week!
The truck is back in the garage and running good! My Teyes CC3 order was delivered today, not sure I'll have time to get it installed this weekend, may have to be next!

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson
Front left brake line decided to start leaking a couple days ago, so the rig is back in the shop getting that fixed. Brake fluid got all over my front left wheel so hopefully we get that cleaned off in time not to damage the paint.

cgibson

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Gibson