Ohio Roll-Call!

• HTML tutorial

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

I don't remember that being the obvious line haha
My thought exactly. My buddy tagged me on this groups page, when the green jk was in that mud hole and you can see us in the back ground of the video. Someone mentioned there being my Xterra and the Frontier, and another was complaining about us holding them up on the hill. Like, uh sorry? We take our time to get through stuff safely and efficiently as we can.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

My thought exactly. My buddy tagged me on this groups page, when the green jk was in that mud hole and you can see us in the back ground of the video. Someone mentioned there being my Xterra and the Frontier, and another was complaining about us holding them up on the hill. Like, uh sorry? We take our time to get through stuff safely and efficiently as we can.
Haha oh well. Let them keep complaining. I thought we did darn good today. Absolutely no trail damage and I say we abided by Tread Lightly real well!

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

yeah, after seeing That photo of the Cherokee tipped at the creek exit. For them to let one of their own take a line like that... Pretty much confirms what I told all of you.
I'm glad to have met and wheeled with all of you, thank you for coming and hopefully we can plan some more trips!

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

And that's what unnecessary glory can get ya!...yeah I can tell real fast who is the right people to ride with..and I'd ride with anyone in our group yesterday...I really can't say that enough...what an awesome group...perfect route picked by Walt ...perfect weather...some flurries would have been nice haha...and the xk made it home and drove great once I used tire iron to get giant mud anti-balancers off [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

@viva_el_dusto

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Looks like a good time! I'd considered coming, but my daughter just arrived home for Christmas break from Seattle Friday night, and I didn't want to turn around and take off.

Instead of buried in the Ohio Roll Call thread, you guys ought to post the photos in General Discussion or Trips Now or Then. Plus, future get togethers can be posted in the Overland Meetups forum for better visibility.

Reactions: cstevens1

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

I ride harder than I'm sure most here do, but definitely no reason to flop a jeep.there. if you flop in tar Hollow nicest way to put it, is you are an idiot, or you are in an over built jeep that has to look for a challenge.

And no need for such an equipped vehicle.on these trails.

I literally drove.my mariner hybrid through there 1 weeks ago.

This is in the creek. Also with me where 2 ford raptors. Both who went with no body damage.

I have always said you don't need built rigs to run tar hollow. It is way funner in near stockers, and unless you have a fluke, you can drive home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

Let me know the dates when you are planning... If work permits, I'd love to go.

Reactions: ElDusto

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

I'm super flexible on the date...hopefully soon but we need to get a map..and I guess there's a spot it gets weird with the locals blocking the road ...but I'm sure we can navigate around that...maybe around 7th-8th or the following weekend

@viva_el_dusto

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

If you cut out the section with the "locals" (who are ohioan's btw) you will be on all paved or well graveled roads, other than Walker creek school Road. Spa's creek rd (2wd friendly but a little rutted/muddy) and about 50 feet of another road.

Cartlo tracks has a $5 map and it works awesome.

I have a route I layed put myself I could provide you on googly my maps app. It includes some tough Trails that may require winches if near stock or good driving. It is all of dbbb, plus some of Hollerwood offroad park

The dbbb itself is not worth the drive imo. More action in Vinton county

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: nparker72