Charleston AFB, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Thulin
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
New to Ohio by way of Mississippi. AF stationed at Wright Patterson. Looking forward to exploring our home state of Michigan and beyond. I have a 2019 4Runner ORP still in its beginning stages of development. Hope to meet some local overlanders in the future. Cheers!

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
New to Ohio by way of Mississippi. AF stationed at Wright Patterson. Looking forward to exploring our home state of Michigan and beyond. I have a 2019 4Runner ORP still in its beginning stages of development. Hope to meet some local overlanders in the future. Cheers!
Welcome to the area!

JRhea

Rank II

Traveler III

Aurora, Portage County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rhea
Member #

Welcome to the area!
Welcome! What part of MS? I’m from Memphis, TN and now live in NE OH

Reactions: airmanthulin

airmanthulin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charleston AFB, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Thulin
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to the area!
Welcome! What part of MS? I’m from Memphis, TN and now live in NE OH
I lived in Gulfport and worked at Keesler AFB.

Reactions: JRhea

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

Austintown, Ohio, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Hey everyone! I’m new to overlanding, I just picked up a 99 Runner a few weeks ago. I live in Youngstown and try to get out and camp with my dog as much as I can. Hopefully I can get my Runner built up fairly quick this summer. I’m really looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can!

Attachments

Sockmonkey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ohio
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Prehoda
Member #

Hey everyone! I’m new to overlanding, I just picked up a 99 Runner a few weeks ago. I live in Youngstown and try to get out and camp with my dog as much as I can. Hopefully I can get my Runner built up fairly quick this summer. I’m really looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can!
Welcome to the group! I’m in the Cleveland area myself. I know the 4Runner is pretty solid out of the box, so don’t go too crazy with the mods until you figure out what you need the get the best out of your trips.

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Welcome to the group! I’m in the Cleveland area myself. I know the 4Runner is pretty solid out of the box, so don’t go too crazy with the mods until you figure out what you need the get the best out of your trips.
I think I’m just going with a lift, tires, maybe paint, front and rear bumpers. Other than that there’s not much more I think I’ll need. I do plan on replacing as much stuff as I can like LBJs before I start to really build her. She’s got 318xxx on her so it might be a good time to do some preventative maintenance lol

Reactions: Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ohio
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Prehoda
Member #

I think I’m just going with a lift, tires, maybe paint, front and rear bumpers. Other than that there’s not much more I think I’ll need. I do plan on replacing as much stuff as I can like LBJs before I start to really build her. She’s got 318xxx on her so it might be a good time to do some preventative maintenance lol
Hey it sounds like you are off to a good start! Seems like you are in the same camp as me, you don’t need a 100 grand build to have a good time.

Reactions: Schnee91

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
Hey it sounds like you are off to a good start! Seems like you are in the same camp as me, you don’t need a 100 grand build to have a good time.
I thought about a RTT but why spend all that money when I already have a ground tent. I want an awning though, I forgot to add that lol

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I want an awning though, I forgot to add that lol
You can spend a lot on an awning, but this one I use has really held up and works as good as those that cost 3x's as much:

20210410_143455.jpg

20210410_103126.jpg

20210410_102955.jpg

IG: Commish1999
2020 Ford F350 Tremor
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch (if it's ever built... )

Attachments

Last edited:

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
I want an awning though, I forgot to add that lol
I like that. How’s the fabric holding up?

You can spend a lot on an awning, but this one I use has really held up and works as good as those that cost 3x's as much:

View attachment 201040

View attachment 201038

View attachment 201041

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
It's held up for the last year with no problems. I did spray it with waterproofing this spring, but I do that routinely.

In fact, I just got another one for the passenger side...

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch
Police Officer
It's held up for the last year with no problems. I did spray it with waterproofing this spring, but I do that routinely.

In fact, I just got another one for the passenger side...

If you’ve got time this week and you’re okay with it maybe we could meet up and I could check it out?

Schnee91

Rank VI

Influencer II

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Schneeman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPA723
Service Branch