702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
Is Burro doable with full sized pickup? Im running a mostly stock Tundra and worried about the longer wheelbase. Otherwise I'd be down for a run..
Looks like Gato Moose and I are going to give it a shot this Saturday so far. Want to give it a shot?

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
Burro Wash this Saturday, it's on! 7 am meetup at the Shell station off of 95 and Wagonwheel.

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
Burro wash trail run tomorrow morning! Meet at the Shell station off of Wagon wheel and 95 in Henderson and we'll go from there at 7am.

Autom8ed

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Lee
Looks like Gato Moose and I are going to give it a shot this Saturday so far. Want to give it a shot?
I saw some videos of burro on Youtube and I think its a bit too gnarly for my truck as it is. For the sake of not slowing you guys down too much I'll have to pass on this. I'll have to invest in some upgrades, maybe tires and armor underneath so I can take part in more runs.

Have fun and hopefully share some pics after.

Reactions: 702FJC

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
I saw some videos of burro on Youtube and I think its a bit too gnarly for my truck as it is. For the sake of not slowing you guys down too much I'll have to pass on this. I'll have to invest in some upgrades, maybe tires and armor underneath so I can take part in more runs.

Have fun and hopefully share some pics after.

Sounds good man thanks for checking in!

Reactions: Autom8ed

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
Burro Wash chewed my crappy tires up and spit them out. Had a flat, spare wheel didn't fit in front so had to put it on rear and move that tire to the front. Close to a 3 hour flat lol. Thanks to Gatomoose for being cool and patient.

Attachments

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Burro Wash chewed my crappy tires up and spit them out. Had a flat, spare wheel didn't fit in front so had to put it on rear and move that tire to the front. Close to a 3 hour flat lol. Thanks to Gatomoose for being cool and patient.
Thank goodness it is the holiday season. You can now go shopping for a preferred brand/style of TIRES[emoji7] SHOULD BE some sales this fall I would imagine. Head over to our long running tire thread for some ideas and opinions. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Those picture you posted up did not look as gnarly as I thought from other replies about it. I had expected a jeep trail with a 4+ rating. Looked very doable in a extra cab pickup.

Being a daily driver, and not having a dedicated off road vehicle, My truck is my baby. I pick and choose just what terrain is acceptable. Hard core=ATV[emoji41] trail use.

Thanks for posting up the pictures, seems the Vegas area is getting active again....sweet. Hopefully my foot will heal enough to get me back in the field by New Years.

DarthRover

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Gaxiola
Member #

Tomorrow. Overnight camp and explore. Short notice Saturday morning departure return Sunday. In the sheep range off Alamo road. If anyone is interested in a stock friendly one nighter before the weather turns, you're welcome to tag along.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Tomorrow. Overnight camp and explore. Short notice Saturday morning departure return Sunday. In the sheep range off Alamo road. If anyone is interested in a stock friendly one nighter before the weather turns, you're welcome to tag along.
Enjoy the trip, probably a good idea for this weekend. Rain is forecast for the valley next Wed/Thur, so snow is likely in the Sheep Range next week. I can't place Alamo road's location. Is it the road between Corn Creek (US 95) and Ash Springs area off US 93? That area is known for deep snow conditions during winter time. If so, the Rangers at Corn Creek appreciate a check in before traveling that road. Been a few people get stuck over the years. Lived here almost all my life, and never been up behind Corn Creek. Always had a curiosity for that area.

Hope you get some travel companions. Again...........ENJOY :tongueout:

DarthRover

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Gaxiola
Member #

Attachments

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like you went solo on this run. That cabin is in great shape, the bucket looks new. I did not realize there was so many roads in that area, seeing that it borders the Test Site to the North. I did read many years ago, that some photographers got into some trouble (1980's), when they wondered to far North while cataloging and photographing wild horses, somewhere in that Mountain Range. Had some of their film confiscated, because of it's sensitive area in relation to National Security. That map you posted, what site was it on?

Any travel log to add to the pictures? As I posted before, that area is intriguing, and has been a curiosity of mine for many years. Thank You for sharing :grinning:

702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
Awesome! Where is that cabin located? Was it open to go into? Great shots, thanks for sharing them!

cactus

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Middag
Member #

Appreciate the pictures. I so wanted to join, but other commitments prevented me from going. Hopefully I can make another overnighter. I've been up on Alamo Rd to the dry lake a few times, years ago. Need to make all way to the actual cabin next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.