First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Hello!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric710

Hi and Hello from another Las Vegas OB member.
You have joined a really great forum, that is very community directed in both local, national, and international goals. Lots of knowledge to be gained from our member base :grinning:
OBLogo-Gold_Outlined_100x.png
"OUTFIT AND EXPLORE"......... :sunglasses:
Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers | A good time getting dirty!
Nevada Off Road clubs
Southwest US 4×4 Off Road Clubs Directory | Offroaders.com
Best Off Road Driving Trails in Nevada | AllTrails
mesquite elbow canyon off road trail - Awesome Adventures …

Here are a couple of ideas, places, and clubs. Post some pics when you do get to explore.

JEROLD F.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric710

lv4x4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Middleton, ID, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Chase
Not sure how far the trail goes till feet are the only option. Still looks like a great place to explore.
It is an excellent trip. I've done it multiple times now, and I'm looking forward to going again before it gets snowy up there.
The road ends at the trailhead at the mouth of "Deadman's Canyon" and from there it's about 5.5 miles to the cabin. The trail is clearly defined and it's pretty much not possible to get lost on the way. (I've done it in 3+ft of snow) It's not a hard hike, takes a few hours max.
The cabin has a little cot type area to layout a sleeping bag, a kitchen area, and a wood burning stove.
There is water from wiregrass spring piped to a spot right in front of the cabin, so there is fresh water (still, disinfect it!). I heard that the spring had dried up a bit last year, so I'm anxious to see what it's like now.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Looked up LD Motorsports, and no listing for a address in LV or nearby. Facebook's page had links to street machines, not a off-road direction. Please update with an address/phone number, so OB members in the surrounding area can stop by if so inclined. Seeing these trailers outside a ...'SHOW'... display might motivate those on the fence. Lake Havasu is not what?......2 hours away from LV.

Last edited:

Eric710

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Dennen
Member #

Check the meetup thread. There’s been one on and off and I think it’s recently been re-started.
A friend gets emails about trail rides/meetups. it comes as a conversation. am i missing where that is at or do i have to follow everyone in the Las Vegas area? is there some setting on the profile that i am missing? help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Narbob

Lead Dog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Clary
Member #

Looked up LD Motorsports, and no listing for a address in LV or nearby. Facebook's page had links to street machines, not a off-road direction. Please update with an address/phone number, so OB members in the surrounding area can stop by if so inclined. Seeing these trailers outside a ...'SHOW'... display might motivate those on the fence. Lake Havasu is not what?......2 hours away from LV.
Www.leaddogmotorsports.com I'm now in Lake Havasu but still have a large friendship in Vegas!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
A friend gets emails about trail rides/meetups. it comes as a conversation. am i missing where that is at or do i have to follow everyone in the Las Vegas area? is there some setting on the profile that i am missing? help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
At the top of the thread you should find a box to watch the thread. You should then get an option for email alerts.

Eric710

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Dennen
Member #

At the top of the thread you should find a box to watch the thread. You should then get an option for email alerts.
I get the email notifications for that. I was talking about getting included on the conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.