Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Hey Everyone, I started this thread back in December and I am excited to see all of you that have expressed interest. If you saw the videos or photos from the last trip but were unable to make it and it looked like fun, let me say it was way more fun than you can imagine. I know Michael has a working date of the last weekend in September but the last I have seen no location has been chosen. Michael has said that the event has outgrown the Edison Campground . A group this large seems like it almost needs a private campground like Edison. I know there are many private pieces of property speckled all through the Sierras.
37°08'25.28" N 119°10'34.92" W
This location is just north of Bald Mountain. My wife and I were wandering through the hills when we found it. It looks like a pack station and would make a perfect spot. I know it would be some work, search the tax rolls, send out letters to the owners, etc. but I am guessing it would cost Overland Bound less and would be a true "off the grid" experience. I can provide several locations of the type if it seems like a good idea and am happy to help with anything needed.
Thanks for starting this excellent thread. I have really enjoyed reading all of the responses from members of the community who are eager to go to the next "Off the Grid" rally. For many like myself, it will be our first opportunity to attend. I know that I am already very excited and have set aside vacation time. Given the fact that overlanding has grown in popularity over the last year and membership of Overland Bound is continuing to grow at an increasing rate, I assume that even with a larger venue and more tickets, demand for tickets will be quite high again this year. I seem to recall from one of Michael and Corrie's Youtube videos that all 60 tickets for last year's rally were sold out in four days. Even if I miss out this year, I will look forward to hopefully attending next year. In the meantime, I will be busy outfitting my rig and exploring this wonderful part of the world. And, oh, lest I forget, continue to hide the credit card receipts from the wife!:tonguewink:

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Really hoping to make it to OTG this year as well!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

I want to be clear here. I started this thread to find out what was going on as far as planning, dates, location of the 2017 OTG trip so we could stay informed. If anyone knows anything or hears anything please let us know. I don't know Michael and Corrie and I don't have anything to do with the trip. I am happy to help in any way I can. I don't even know if they are aware of this thread. Thanks for everyone's interest and I will be sure to pass details on when/if I find them.

Tahoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Fair Oaks, california
Member #

What would it take to have some of us East of the Mississippi types to get something like this going over here? Surely we could do the heavy lifting and get it organized.

What if...what if...we set out on the Trans American Trail from the East, and y'all set out from the west and we had us a good ol fashioned rendezvous somewhere about half way. Genius, right?
OMG that's the best idea I've heard in a long time!

Ditcherman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sheridan, IN, USA
Member #

What would it take to have some of us East of the Mississippi types to get something like this going over here? Surely we could do the heavy lifting and get it organized.

What if...what if...we set out on the Trans American Trail from the East, and y'all set out from the west and we had us a good ol fashioned rendezvous somewhere about half way. Genius, right?
Can.
Not.
Click.
Like.
Enough!
New to this but would love to attend/help.

JusticeZ33

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Looking forward to this. Now that I am on the west coast i can finally attend :)

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

subbed had a blast last year.
Hello, I remember you guys from last year. Super nice meeting you and thank you for giving us the survival pack, it stays in our rig and I hope we never need it :). Do you know Michael or Corrie? Are they aware of this thread? Are they making any plans for this year?

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Hello, I remember you guys from last year. Super nice meeting you and thank you for giving us the survival pack, it stays in our rig and I hope we never need it :). Do you know Michael or Corrie? Are they aware of this thread? Are they making any plans for this year?
I believe that they are making plans for this year but in the last few months or so, I have read comments on the forums about how they have outgrown the previous campgrounds and were looking for somewhere a bit larger in the same general area.

Last year, ticket sales went on sale at noon on Wednesday, July 6th, for the Off The Grid 2016 event.
The following thread (started by Michael on June 7, 2016) contains most if not all of the planning details from last year. The whole thread is well worth a read if you have the time:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/off-the-grid-2016-info-thread.1871/
Post #62 on page four of the thread contains the final draft of the details for last years event:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/off-the-grid-2016-info-thread.1871/page-4

Reactions: StopMS