First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
Hello All,

So being new to the group I am just getting caught up on all the things going on. I understand the OTG 2017 is planned for the last weekend in September. But am I correct no specific location has been established?

If planning is still on going for a location I would add my couple pennies to the idea of the east coast meets the west coast somewhere in the middle idea. That kind of Overland journey would be an awesome trip that would have folks talking for years and I would pass on Overland East this year to make that trip.

But certainly if not this year, maybe in the upcoming years. Perhaps the five year mark OTG 2020 should be a big blow out event bringing as many as possible together. Something to think about anyway.

Thanks

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Count me in!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

The west meets east rally sounds awesome! Great way to really get to know one another over a nice long trial run, and for us new guys to get to know our rigs better.

Count me and my family in if this happens...can't wait to hear more official news on OTG2017!!

Reactions: Deadpool_TRD

jazzy13

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Newport, RI, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Azbill
Member #

Trans-American Trail...East meets West...Absolutely epic idea and experience. However, no matter what we do, the fam and I are down! Being new to CA, the entire west coast is uncharted territory to us, so I'll support Michael and Corrie regardless. Standing by for details.

I will be traveling most of August and would hate to miss out on this opportunity, so can an OTG veteran provide some insight from the previous OTG on the following:

1) How is the OTG info put out? Does it have it's own thread or is it placed on the homepage?
2) Once tickets/sign-up open, how do I sign up? Is it just replying to a thread...?
3) If there's a fee, what does it typically cover and include?
4) From your experience, is there anything you'd recommend members bring for the betterment of the group while at base camp?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Padre Island National Seashore seems like it would be a good place. 60+ miles of virgin beach. There is enough room there for every single member of OB to show up and still have room to spare. Just gotta stay off the dunes.

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Hello everyone and thank you for following this thread. My name is Mark and I started this thread hoping someone with more information about an OTG2017 meet up would notice it and let everyone know where this year's event will be held. There have been almost 5000 views so there is definitely great interest in an event.

Jazzy13 posted the following questions and I will answer them the best I can:

1) How is the OTG info put out? SO FAR I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY INFO EXCEPT A LATE SEPTEMBER WEEKEND DATE

Does it have it's own thread or is it placed on the homepage? I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY INFORMATION ANY OTHER PLACE BESIDE THIS THREAD, IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE POST IT

2) Once tickets/sign-up open, how do I sign up? LAST YEAR CORRIE AND MICHAEL POSTED THE INFORMATION AND THE EVENT SOLD OUT IN 4 DAYS

Is it just replying to a thread...?

3) If there's a fee, what does it typically cover and include? LAST YEAR THE FEE WAS ABOUT $200 FOR MY WIFE AND I AND IT INCLUDED THE CAMPSITE, A TRAIL RUN, A GREAT TRITIP DINNER, BREAKFAST THE NEXT MORNING AND A SUPER FUN CAMPFIRE WITH SPONSOR'S GIVEAWAYS.

4) From your experience, is there anything you'd recommend members bring for the betterment of the group while at base camp? THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB LAST YEAR SETTING THE WHOLE THING UP. I AM SURE IT WAS A LOT OF WORK.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Hello everyone and thank you for following this thread. My name is Mark and I started this thread hoping someone with more information about an OTG2017 meet up would notice it and let everyone know where this year's event will be held. There have been almost 5000 views so there is definitely great interest in an event.

Jazzy13 posted the following questions and I will answer them the best I can:

1) How is the OTG info put out? SO FAR I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY INFO EXCEPT A LATE SEPTEMBER WEEKEND DATE

Does it have it's own thread or is it placed on the homepage? I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY INFORMATION ANY OTHER PLACE BESIDE THIS THREAD, IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE POST IT

2) Once tickets/sign-up open, how do I sign up? LAST YEAR CORRIE AND MICHAEL POSTED THE INFORMATION AND THE EVENT SOLD OUT IN 4 DAYS

Is it just replying to a thread...?

3) If there's a fee, what does it typically cover and include? LAST YEAR THE FEE WAS ABOUT $200 FOR MY WIFE AND I AND IT INCLUDED THE CAMPSITE, A TRAIL RUN, A GREAT TRITIP DINNER, BREAKFAST THE NEXT MORNING AND A SUPER FUN CAMPFIRE WITH SPONSOR'S GIVEAWAYS.

4) From your experience, is there anything you'd recommend members bring for the betterment of the group while at base camp? THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB LAST YEAR SETTING THE WHOLE THING UP. I AM SURE IT WAS A LOT OF WORK.

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk[/QUOTE]

I feel like I recently watched a video @Michael uploaded of OTG 2017. It said part 2 and couldn't find part 1, but if it already happened...where was the info?!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi all!

@Corrie and I have been discussing this year's OTG event quite a bit. We will have an official announcement soon. Thank you @Mark D for providing some answers.

This past year, Overland Bound has grown...a lot. We thought 2016 was a crazy year for growth, and then there was 2017. That growth has outpaced our ability to throw an event suitable to accommodate all the people who want to go. OTG this year will look a lot like last year, better, but about the same number of rigs and people. Final details of time and location will be announce within days. We have plans in 2018 to build out our event schedule, and hold more events while upholding the same level of quality so more people have the opportunity to attend an OTG event.

We will announce the OTG event tickets in the Members section of the forum. If there are still spaces available after the initial announcement, we will post the event in the Meetups section for the general public.

We hold a high standard in terms of execution. In addition to producing the event and all the activities, ticket sales go toward:
  1. OTG 2017 T-shirt
  2. OTG 2017 Patch
  3. Swag Bag with cool stuffs and things
  4. Check-in refreshments
  5. Morning Coffee and snacks
  6. Catered Meal Saturday
  7. Raffle Items (those not donated)
  8. There are also un-sexy things like liability insurance etc, which is something we insist on, and is...well, a insurance brokers idea of pay-dirt.
We are still finalizing this list, and have a few special things in mind. Just know, the list above is not final.

We will make an announcement in the next week or so. In the meantime we can field questions here as time permits.

Thanks all!

M

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Hi all!

@Corrie and I have been discussing this year's OTG event quite a bit. We will have an official announcement soon. Thank you @Mark D for providing some answers.

This past year, Overland Bound has grown...a lot. We thought 2016 was a crazy year for growth, and then there was 2017. That growth has outpaced our ability to throw an event suitable to accommodate all the people who want to go. OTG this year will look a lot like last year, better, but about the same number of rigs and people. Final details of time and location will be announce within days. We have plans in 2018 to build out our event schedule, and hold more events while upholding the same level of quality so more people have the opportunity to attend an OTG event.

We will announce the OTG event tickets in the Members section of the forum. If there are still spaces available after the initial announcement, we will post the event in the Meetups section for the general public.

We hold a high standard in terms of execution. In addition to producing the event and all the activities, ticket sales go toward:
  1. OTG 2017 T-shirt
  2. OTG 2017 Patch
  4. Check-in refreshments
  6. Catered Meal Saturday
  8. There are also un-sexy things like liability insurance etc, which is something we insist on, and is...well, a insurance brokers idea of pay-dirt.
We are still finalizing this list, and have a few special things in mind. Just know, the list above is not final.

We will make an announcement in the next week or so. In the meantime we can field questions here as time permits.

Thanks all!

M
Great to hear from you Michael. I started this thread waaay back and have been searching for info. We had such a great time last year I wanted to make sure we didn't miss this year's event. In previous postings here I have offers to help if you guys need some assistance. I am so glad to see Overland Bound grow.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Hi all!

1. OTG 2017 T-shirt
  2. OTG 2017 Patch
  4. Check-in refreshments
  6. Catered Meal Saturday

Thanks all!

M

My family and I are willing to provide what help we can if its needed! Dont hesitate to PM me on anything we might be able to assist with! Looking forward to the official announcement, ill keep my eyes peeled and search for it daily Lol

Reactions: Corrie and Michael