Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Got mine ! Now to find a convoy from Portland [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just tried to buy tickets and it show that they are sold out. Very sad, I started this thread to make sure I didn't miss the trip. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Just tried to buy tickets and it show that they are sold out. Very sad, I started this thread to make sure I didn't miss the trip. Have fun.

Hi Mark, I am very sorry to read that you missed out. I did too. The "driver" option must have sold out within hours of today's second round becoming available to regular members who did not go last year. I guess that a lot of the founder 500 and those regular members who went last year were eager to go back again this year. They would have been able to start purchasing their seats yesterday as part of the timed release announced a few days ago. I can understand their excitement. The "driver with trailer" still seems to be open as well as the "passenger" option but I don't know for how long more.

I have a question. Can a driver who is not planning to bring a trailer purchase the "driver with trailer" option and just pay the extra fee for it? The sold-out "driver" option is $175 and the "driver with trailer" option is $200. Perhaps, you can still go if this is an option?

I would like to thank you for starting this thread as it was an invaluable resource for many including myself who were interested in going but lacked the basic information about how to apply and when tickets would go on sale. The regular updates when they became available were invaluable. Demand was just very high given the almost exponential growth of Overland Bound over the last year.

Reactions: Moriarty

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

---------
I'm going to work on trying to find us a location we can have a ginormous OB meet. Couldn't coordinate a trail trip with a huge event like that, but a huge meet where every single individual OB member would be welcome. Could be a bash for a ages! [emoji23][emoji482]
---------
Desert area? BIG one. Bring all that you need and leave no trace. Could be epic. (Hell, even I could attend with my current pre-overland-awakening Ford Escape!)

Chihuahuan Desert...New Mexico perhaps? Somewhat centrally located, at least east to west.
---------

Bigger is not always better, and the desert is as fragile, even more fragile, an environment than any place else. I know the desert well, especially the Chihuahuan Desert, and would be strongly opposed to any ginormous, epic, event concentrating on vehicles meant to go off-road. Might be 'leave no trace' in spirit, but it would definitely leave a lasting trace on the desert.

It would also leave a lasting and bad impression of overlanders in the minds of those living there.

The tendency towards even larger and larger gatherings, especially if most/all vehicles are to be active in a concentrated space, feels very against the whole idea of overlanding.

Mark my words, it will be detrimental to how overlanding and overlanders are perceived and detrimental to overlanding itself.

We don't have to be the biggest-baddest, we don't have to be number one, we don't have to be huge.

:edited to add quotes and clarity:

Last edited:

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

@Mark D I purchased mine on the assumption I won't have to work. For me sadly, I don't get my next months schedule until the 24th of the previous month. If it turns out I have to work mine would be up for grabs (I would give you first chance). I feel bad that you did show interest and made it known on the forums yet couldn't get some. Btw, I got driver and passenger. Hopefully this is ok with The OB group.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Brian, that is super cool and thank you BUT! I did not notice the "driver with trailer" and since I will be bringing my trailer I purchased my ticket this morning. Thank you again!
That's fantastic, please ignore post on your profile now.

Reactions: Moriarty

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

Oh man that sucks. I just happened to be looking at my e-mail when it came through. It sounds like next year may be easier to attend. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff Graham

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Brian, that is super cool and thank you BUT! I did not notice the "driver with trailer" and since I will be bringing my trailer I purchased my ticket this morning. Thank you again!
Excellent news! I just checked again and even the "driver with trailer" option is sold out now. Just the "passenger" option remains now, which I guess is only useful to someone who already has a "driver" or "driver with trailer" pass already. I hope that you have a great time!!!!

Reactions: Jeff Graham

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I was able to get a Driver/Pasenger tickets. Looking forward to attending. We are putting together an event for the SouthWest, so I will be attending it also. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's done, so we can reproduce the success of OTG West, in the SouthWest.

Last edited:

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

@Mark D I purchased mine on the assumption I won't have to work. For me sadly, I don't get my next months schedule until the 24th of the previous month. If it turns out I have to work mine would be up for grabs (I would give you first chance). I feel bad that you did show interest and made it known on the forums yet couldn't get some. Btw, I got driver and passenger. Hopefully this is ok with The OB group.
Not sure how that would work but I'd be interested when you find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using OB Talk mobile app