Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Got tickets... excited to go again this year and see everyone.
Looking forward to seeing you both soon, CONGRATS wink wink. So you took my advice and tried to wear it out !!!!!
Mar is not going this time and she sends a big HUG.......

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

@boss324 sounds like MarkD got tickets. Like I said I won't know until mid to late Sept. so perhaps we could work out a system if I can't go. Hate to see them go to waste.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I was able to get in near the end last night. So glad we we squeezed in. We are coming from the southwest now - well northern AZ to be specific - and would love to get a convoy going or join up with one.
I'd be interested in joining a convoy, I'll be starting down in Tucson.

Reactions: MrsFantastico

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

I'd be interested in joining a convoy, I'll be starting down in Tucson.
Awesome @brien. I know @YPD1 wants to join from Yuma too. If no one objects, I can head front and organize the AZ OTG bound members. I'll start a thread later and refer you all there

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Awesome @brien. I know @YPD1 wants to join from Yuma too. If no one objects, I can head front and organize the AZ OTG bound members. I'll start a thread later and refer you all there
That would be perfect if you would do that! I was also thinking we could start a separate thread in the Southwest Regional section to possibly try to coordinate people from NM and TX who want to join up when they reach AZ. I'd be happy to create that after you create the AZ one

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
That would be perfect if you would do that! I was also thinking we could start a separate thread in the Southwest Regional section to possibly try to coordinate people from NM and TX who want to join up when they reach AZ. I'd be happy to create that after you create the AZ one
I'm driving in from Austin, TX. Would love to link up with the New Mexico Members, and meet you in AZ. Sounds like fun.

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

@boss324 sounds like MarkD got tickets. Like I said I won't know until mid to late Sept. so perhaps we could work out a system if I can't go. Hate to see them go to waste.
It says sold out for driver pass I'll check again later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

---------

---------

---------

Bigger is not always better, and the desert is as fragile, even more fragile, an environment than any place else. I know the desert well, especially the Chihuahuan Desert, and would be strongly opposed to any ginormous, epic, event concentrating on vehicles meant to go off-road. Might be 'leave no trace' in spirit, but it would definitely leave a lasting trace on the desert.

It would also leave a lasting and bad impression of overlanders in the minds of those living there.

The tendency towards even larger and larger gatherings, especially if most/all vehicles are to be active in a concentrated space, feels very against the whole idea of overlanding.

Mark my words, it will be detrimental to how overlanding and overlanders are perceived and detrimental to overlanding itself.

We don't have to be the biggest-baddest, we don't have to be number one, we don't have to be huge.

:edited to add quotes and clarity:
LOL tell that to the 6,000 members that didn't get an opportunity to attend this event that we don't have to be huge. Kinda late for that guy. Besides that fact, Glamis and Ocotillo seem to be perfectly fine deserts with THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of visitors annually...also approved off roading areas...where as many members as we want could congregate.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

---------

---------

---------

Bigger is not always better, and the desert is as fragile, even more fragile, an environment than any place else. I know the desert well, especially the Chihuahuan Desert, and would be strongly opposed to any ginormous, epic, event concentrating on vehicles meant to go off-road. Might be 'leave no trace' in spirit, but it would definitely leave a lasting trace on the desert.

It would also leave a lasting and bad impression of overlanders in the minds of those living there.

The tendency towards even larger and larger gatherings, especially if most/all vehicles are to be active in a concentrated space, feels very against the whole idea of overlanding.

Mark my words, it will be detrimental to how overlanding and overlanders are perceived and detrimental to overlanding itself.

We don't have to be the biggest-baddest, we don't have to be number one, we don't have to be huge.

:edited to add quotes and clarity:
LOL tell that to the 6,000 members that didn't get an opportunity to attend this event that we don't have to be huge. Kinda late for that guy. Besides that fact, Glamis and Ocotillo seem to be perfectly fine deserts with THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of visitors annually...also approved off roading areas...where as many members as we want could congregate.

Reactions: Grevlin

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Don't feed the troll. He did this in another thread. I'm all for protecting the environment, but this guy doesn't think anyone should have fun. So just leave it alone and don't let him spam the thread. And trust me...I deal with people like this ALLLLLL the time working in land development, in Kalifornia and most importantly...the Bay Area.

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
This OTG trip appears sold out...if someone wants to sell a driver and passenger ticket let me know...or driver, trailer and passenger. Thanks

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Indio might be a good spot for everyone to meet up from Arizona or further east. I'll be coming from just a few hours away in Yuma.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
That may work great. I also gotta see where everyone is coming from further east to know the best place to meet. :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app