US East Off-Road and Overland Meet & Greet (BBQ and Beer)

• HTML tutorial

lmike6453

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenixville, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lukach
Ok Guys I got permission to allow overnight camping for the rally, so if you are interested in staying overnight please message me directly so I have a general head count.

Also I am working on putting together about a 2 hour trail ride that we could try to do, start at the brewery around 11:30am and return around 1:30pm. Once i have the details I will post them.
Thanks for putting this together. Would I be ok for the ride in a stock 2018 JLU Sahara?

PGSIMMONS2

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

10 Peterson Street, Millville, NJ 08332
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Thanks for putting this together. Would I be ok for the ride in a stock 2018 JLU Sahara?
I am trying to get one of the local jeep groups to put the ride together. I would yes. There really aren't too many bad trails, the worst thing we have are deep puddles and in most cases you can get around them.

Reactions: lmike6453

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Ok Guys I got permission to allow overnight camping for the rally, so if you are interested in staying overnight please message me directly so I have a general head count.

Also I am working on putting together about a 2 hour trail ride that we could try to do, start at the brewery around 11:30am and return around 1:30pm. Once i have the details I will post them.
Thanks for organizing this. I'd be interested in staying overnight.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
No worries, Maybe you could take the trail down to here it actually only runs a few miles from the brewery. I am trying to get permission to allow overnight camping from the airport and take the trail back the next day. I completely understand, this is the first time we are trying to do something like this. Got to start somewhere.
Yeah I know where the trail runs, I created it. Lol. I’m out for overnight camping.

Xplorr313

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Burlington, NJ
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYY816
I’ll be there tomorrow. I’ll have a brand new in the box, never opened CampChef Rainier stove with me for sale if anyone is interested. I’ll take $80 for it, it’s originally $110-$120 brand new online. I decided to go a different route for my camp kitchen.

Reactions: PGSIMMONS2

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Regarding today's 11:30am trail ride, is the trail easy enough for a Frontier Pro4X with stock tires?

rogercallen

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Mt Airy, Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Seems like this flopped big time, eh?
Depends on when you arrived. That storm came in quickly. Almost got caught out in a trail during it. The trail ride before was nice, dusty af, but nice.

Found some good side trails that were spurs off the main ride in the morning that a few of use went back to. Got into some pretty good mud and some decent water.

Thanks to @PGSIMMONS2 for putting this together.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Depends on when you arrived. That storm came in quickly. Almost got caught out in a trail during it. The trail ride before was nice, dusty af, but nice.

Found some good side trails that were spurs off the main ride in the morning that a few of use went back to. Got into some pretty good mud and some decent water.

Thanks to @PGSIMMONS2 for putting this together.
Got there at 2. There was a few jeeps and nobody else really.

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

At about 2:30pm, when we got back from the trail run, the parking lot was pretty full. The BBQ guy had a non-stop line of customers for about an hour. Fun time. Tasty food. Nice folks. Thanks to Paul for organizing this.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

At about 2:30pm, when we got back from the trail run, the parking lot was pretty full. The BBQ guy had a non-stop line of customers for about an hour. Fun time. Tasty food. Nice folks. Thanks to Paul for organizing this.
I saw your rig pulling in as I was leaving, but it was later than 2:30..

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

@PGSIMMONS2 ... Thank you for offering up you're locale & putting this together. It was a pleasure to shake your hand & I wish you the best!
The event was not a bust, I feel it was well attended & yes, it was heavy on the Jeep side, let's remember we're all brothers & sisters, no matter what we drive. We're all for safe & responsible stewards for open access to our open spaces. Its great that we could gather as like minded individuals to achieve a common goal!

lmike6453

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenixville, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lukach
@PGSIMMONS2 Thanks for putting this together and it was great meeting you and everyone else for the first time yesterday! It was awesome to see ppl w/ different 4x4s get together and hang and go for a ride. The different setups were inspiring and now have lots of ideas for the Jeep haha.

I recorded the route we took in the AM on runkeeper here, and the .gpx tracks can be downloaded from this saved route.
I also have gopro dashcam from our ride and sweet footage of a silver Jeep w/ NY plate in front of me (3rd from last, I was 2nd from last) playing in the mud that I'll put together soon.

Millville, NJ - 4x4 Offroading Loop - Dirt / Mud Fun - 52.57mi Other Route - Runkeeper