OB weekend in the fall?

• HTML tutorial

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest.

I have a piece of property we call "Basecamp" . It's an hour southwest of Ottawa, 40 minutes north of Ogdensburg, NY.

Maybe a casual weekend of camping and exploring some local trails.

Sept 29-30 weekend.

There is room for up to 25 rigs to setup camp.

Is there a way to make this a formal OB event?

If everyone threw in +-$10 for some outhouse rentals and firewood it would be doable.

Any interest? I'm always keen to meet like minded folk and share my knowledge of the local area.

Cheers
Ted

OutlawTJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Inwood, Ontario Canada
Member #

Stock Jeep or lightly modified truck? Not "wheeling" trails, more like backcountry trails if that makes sense.

Sent from my STH100-1 using OB Talk mobile app
That's perfect for my situation. I have a lift on my Jeep but not very much experience with any serious wheeling. I'm liking the idea more and more

OutlawTJ
OB Member #4407

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Agustina and I are definitely interested for this if you're ok with us sticking around to leave Sunday and arrive late night Friday, as we're out of vacation days at work so can only start the drive up from Toronto around 5pm on Friday.

This is Mike by the way with the red Canyon from the Rally ;)

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Great, there seems to be enough interest! Friday evening (Sept 29th) - Sunday morning (Oct 1st)

A casual weekend of camping and meeting new people. There are lots of easy trails in the area if anyone wants to explore, I'll throw together a gpx file with some trails and points of interest. Or just enjoy the nature.

Location is just outside of Merrickville, Ontario. 1 hour from Ottawa. 1 hour from Ogdensburg NY. 3 hours from Toronto.

Is there something we have to do to make this an official OverlandBound event?

As we get closer to the date I'll figure out a cost (outhouse rental and firewood).

The location can host between 1 and 40 trucks, so lots of room for everyone.

Cheers
Ted

Johnnys Trip

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Great, there seems to be enough interest! Friday evening (Sept 29th) - Sunday morning (Oct 1st)

A casual weekend of camping and meeting new people. There are lots of easy trails in the area if anyone wants to explore, I'll throw together a gpx file with some trails and points of interest. Or just enjoy the nature.

Location is just outside of Merrickville, Ontario. 1 hour from Ottawa. 1 hour from Ogdensburg NY. 3 hours from Toronto.

As we get closer to the date I'll figure out a cost (outhouse rental and firewood).

Cheers
Ted
Perfect. Sounds like a great spot. I can't wait to meet everyone. If we can convince Mr OverlandBound to come up that would make it official. "wink wink" ;))

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Cheers
Ted
Awesome! Is this open to OB members only or can we pass the word to some friends?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk