• HTML tutorial

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Seems like some legit interest. This is a go

Sept 29 (Friday) anytime after 4pm to Sunday afternoon (October 1st).

I set up an email address for this. If you plan on coming please send an email to obweekend2017@gmail.com

Let me know how many people you are bringing and how many trucks.

The only fee associated will be to cover the cost of one or more outhouses (depending on how many people are showing up). I would expect somewhere around 15-25 Canadian dollars each.

I am away for the next two weeks (mini expedition trip to Newfoundland), when I get back I will get email everyone with how much it will cost and a use paypal or something for folks and answer any questions.

I sort of envision this as more of a hanging out and camping weekend but for those who would like to run some trails I will throw a gps file together (gpx format, consisting of tracks files) of some stock friendly trails in the immediate area. For anyone who wants a bit more of a challenge I will make a gpx file for a trail run on a trail that has some technical options on it.

The location is on Burchill Road, 4 km from the town of Merrickville, Ontario. Cool little town with restaurants, fuel, groceries, etc. The Rideau River is a world uniseco site and runs through town with a set of locks and museum, etc. If you have never been it is easy to spend a few hours walking around and seeing the sites. Merrickville is approximately 3 hours from Toronto, 1 hour from Ottawa and 45 minutes for the US border with NY.

The camp location has no services so bring your own water, etc.

Should be a fun weekend and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers
Ted Johnson

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@Gravel Travel Canada good on you for putting this together, they are a lot of fun AND a lot of work but mostly fun!

Good times, looks like a beautiful area, are you guys planning a skype / facetime with the OB OTG17 event while you're there?

We did something like that with an event in Australia last year. Don't know if it's possible but it would be fun.

Dan

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Dan, the cell reception is roving in the area so Skype session may be difficult (though would be very neat)

Ted, thanks again for putting this together!

- Mike

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Baby Jeep Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ottawa
Member #

Seems like some legit interest. This is a go

Sept 29 (Friday) anytime after 4pm to Sunday afternoon (October 1st).

I set up an email address for this. If you plan on coming please send an email to obweekend2017@gmail.com

Let me know how many people you are bringing and how many trucks.

The only fee associated will be to cover the cost of one or more outhouses (depending on how many people are showing up). I would expect somewhere around 15-25 Canadian dollars each.

I am away for the next two weeks (mini expedition trip to Newfoundland), when I get back I will get email everyone with how much it will cost and a use paypal or something for folks and answer any questions.

I sort of envision this as more of a hanging out and camping weekend but for those who would like to run some trails I will throw a gps file together (gpx format, consisting of tracks files) of some stock friendly trails in the immediate area. For anyone who wants a bit more of a challenge I will make a gpx file for a trail run on a trail that has some technical options on it.

The location is on Burchill Road, 4 km from the town of Merrickville, Ontario. Cool little town with restaurants, fuel, groceries, etc. The Rideau River is a world uniseco site and runs through town with a set of locks and museum, etc. If you have never been it is easy to spend a few hours walking around and seeing the sites. Merrickville is approximately 3 hours from Toronto, 1 hour from Ottawa and 45 minutes for the US border with NY.

The camp location has no services so bring your own water, etc.

Should be a fun weekend and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers
Ted Johnson
I would definatly do a stock friendly trail at least one day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using OB Talk mobile app

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Awesome! Is anyone want to meet up for coffee or chicken wings and get to know each other in person prior to the meet? The reason I ask, is snow is fast approaching, and the bugs are a little less, trees are staring to turn and we are missing out on some good adventures, new friends or even just exchanging ideas. Just a thought. Let me know, I'm always up for coffee or wings.
We live near Bon Echo (best land mark I can think of) about 20min south.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk