OB Watches

• HTML tutorial

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I use the same watch and have gotten to the point in watchband replacement terms where I need to decide whether i buy a new watch or replace again. This is the third watchband in four years.
The OEM replacement watchbands are outrageously priced. but @scubasteve2002 mentioned that there are much cheaper replacements in post #19. heres the link to Suunto Core replacement bands. Hope this helps.

http://stores.ebay.com/JaysAndKays/Our-Core-Store-/_i.html?_fsub=8749839018

Reactions: SaskRanger91

SaskRanger91

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kind of a expensive one but I rock a gear s2 classic. (Android smart watch) it does so much with out having to pull my phone out.... Ie GPS. Hart rate sleep rate. Phone and anything else you can throw at it real useful to set up a cell phone and live vew what the camera sees from the phone on the watch face. Makes for great corners and hooking up or looking in spots of my rig that I don't want to crawl under and look for.

I swapped the leather band for a SS clasp style and takes on so much water grease and hard impacts I throw at it. Highly recommend this guy!

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Reactions: NorthStar96

pseebald

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brookings, OR
Member #

I just picked up a Suunto Traverse Alpha. It's great for work and as I don't have a GPS unit yet it is nice to be able to see your location on a forestry map etc. Additionally the notifications from the phone is a decent feature as well as a red back light to aid in night vision. I am very happy with it now but I will have to post more later. It is a pretty complex watch and I don't know if I will ever use all of the features. Great for adventures and overlanding as it is very durable!!!

Fakawi Tribe

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Fresno, CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Aguirre
Member #

I just picked up a Suunto Traverse Alpha. It's great for work and as I don't have a GPS unit yet it is nice to be able to see your location on a forestry map etc. Additionally the notifications from the phone is a decent feature as well as a red back light to aid in night vision. I am very happy with it now but I will have to post more later. It is a pretty complex watch and I don't know if I will ever use all of the features. Great for adventures and overlanding as it is very durable!!!
I have the same non alpha version. It's a great watch for those who travel. I go back and forth from east coast to west coast and it comes into play daily. I also attached a small compass on the watch band.

pseebald

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brookings, OR
Member #

I have the same non alpha version. It's a great watch for those who travel. I go back and forth from east coast to west coast and it comes into play daily. I also attached a small compass on the watch band.
How has it held up? Is the battery still holding strong?

dagen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oakland, CA
Member #

I also have one of the Suunto Traverse Alpha. Great watch. You can track metrics from various activities (running, hiking, etc. . . )
You can upload tracks or bread crumb a current track so you can follow back.
Also has a compass, altimeter, barometer on top of the GPS. A great watch for sure. I upgraded to it from the Suunto Core, which is also great, but doesn't have GPS

EOD Tam

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alameda, CA
Member #

Suunto has great customer service. I've had plenty of watches over the years refurbished back to health because of thrashing them. Plus they stand up to a beating to begin with!

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Loving my Traverse as well. I wear it any time I'm travelling, and the storm alarm is helpful too! I haven't even begun to use most of the features it has, but I do love it.