• HTML tutorial

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
+1 for the Garmin Fenix 3. I have the new HR model with Sapphire lens. Durable, so many features and functions, battery lasts about a week and a half, and only takes about 2 hrs to charge.

Reactions: Rattlesnake44

Roger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SW Ohio
Member #

I've been a scuba diver for many years and always preferred a watch with a traditional watch face, such as my trusty Citizens. But.... When I had in it at the jeweler for a minor repair I picked up this really cheep Armitron ($22.) and to my surprise really liked it. It was lighter and I could easily see all the displays.

stormtrooper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

British Columbia
Member #

Great post! I was a commercial diver for 15 years and I've gone through quite a few watches. I run a suunto core for work and a g shock when oil rigging, a garmin fenix when I'm not and I still have 2 st moritz Storm series, a luminox that I never opened out of the box( won it in a draw) a doxa 600, and a Fitbit on my dominant wrist. Ive lost to the sea an omega sub and tissot. I believe I may have a watch problem. My next daily I'm looking at is a mtm ops Blackhawk. Which are discontinued so hard to find haha!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Great post! I was a commercial diver for 15 years and I've gone through quite a few watches. I run a suunto core for work and a g shock when oil rigging, a garmin fenix when I'm not and I still have 2 st moritz Storm series, a luminox that I never opened out of the box( won it in a draw) a doxa 600, and a Fitbit on my dominant wrist. Ive lost to the sea an omega sub and tissot. I believe I may have a watch problem. My next daily I'm looking at is a mtm ops Blackhawk. Which are discontinued so hard to find haha!
~~~

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Gshock, I have had this watch for the past 4 years with no problems or dead batteries. It goes through everything never comes off my wrist. It has elevation and temperature. I bought it mainly for when I go snowboarding but it works great for everything

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
I asked for a basic Timex Watch for Christmas a couple of years ago. Instead my wife got me a pebble Steel. My first reaction was thinking to myself that this was a peace of tech junk that will end up sitting in a drawer and I still needed a new watch.

It did not take to long playing around with it and wearing it to honesty say that I will never be satisfied wearing a conventional watch again. This thing is great!

Not only dose it tell time it also does all the connectivity things you would think with the cell phone. One thing it did right out the gate a was extend my cell phone battery. Not something I would have expected but when you think about it, a glance at the watch to see what the latest "bing" was saves sceen time.

But this not about the tech bla bla bla. That is what CNETis for.

For Overland Travel I think it is great. With all the apps I am sure the options are endless. Here are a few I have found useful.
- Couple of different watch faces to fit the mood or situation.
- Count Down timer for cooking in camp.
- Stop Watch
- Ring My Phone... Because you know it got to be in the truck somewhere.
- Sunrise and sunset at a quick glance.
- Electronic Compass.

The Pebble Steel is waterproof so I take it coneing and yes... Have gotten soaking wet. Most of the funtions I listed above work independent of the phone so it is a solid stand alone device.

Now I just need to figure out how to justify the newer color screen model! [emoji12]

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

For outdoors, love my old Suunto Vector, especially the altimeter, don't need an app or connection to the Borg. Somewhere, I saw people bashing a guy for wearing one to the office, which made me chuckle a bit. But then I thought, unless it's your only watch, why would you wear it to the office? This was back before 'normal' watches grew to the current size. I've since added to my daily watch collection, most of them are almost as large & bulky as the old Suunto Vector, so perhaps it's time to put her in the daily rotation, instead of reserved for OB

Last edited:
Reactions: stormtrooper

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Ohh, a watch thread!

Typically I rock one of my Timex Expeditions or my Casio.

The Casio uses a couple of bright LEDs to illuminate the face and is on a rubber strap. The center Timex is on a NATO strap and the Timex Chronograph is on the original leather strap (for now) but will eventually go on it's own NATO.

Reactions: 64Trvlr