Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Modesto, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Estrella (hddoverland.com)
Member #

I think I might need to have my account updated? member #11835.. I can't seem to open all the map features. btw how is it that the member markers on the map move? are they using a mobile app?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I think I might need to have my account updated? member #11835.. I can't seem to open all the map features. btw how is it that the member markers on the map move? are they using a mobile app
Welcome aboard, and thank you for joining!

Your account is already updated. I just updated your location so that it would resolve properly on the Member Map. (added comma.) It will update after midnight Pacific time tonight.

Member locations vary for security reasons. You don't want to point to your house if you're not home for a month! :) It is random, and the accuracy can be set in the security settings.

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

I have a question can there be a feature added to the map for Trails that are closed or not accessible? Granted I understand this would rely on members uploading these details, but I don't think it would be much of a hassle. I have found in my experience that Google is really bad about showing routes that are not actually accessible due to the roads being either private roads or on private property if you have little to no knowledge of the area or not enough research material is available online or through word of mouth. I think this added feature on the map would help greatly. I cannot tell you the amount of times my family, and I drove to a place only to turn around in disappointment but hey traveling is half the fun of overlanding! @Michael

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I get an error msg:

Route usermap/ could not be found.

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Cleared cache and got into the map, but I am black not showing member yet.....

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I am not listed on the map........

Jim

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I am not listed on the map
Jim, I just checked your account. You did not have the checkbox checked in your preferences to show yourself on the map. I just toggled that on for you. You also had BHC Arizona listed as your location, which them map could not resolve. I changed that to Bullhead City, Arizona. Your pin should show up when the map refreshes at midnight Pacific time tonight.

I also noted that you do not have your badge number shown in your profile. You might want to add that, as well.

I hope that helped

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Thanks for this feature. I travel full-time so I'll be updating my location probably close to once every two weeks or so. Is that ok, or is there a limit to how often we can update our location? ~ Eric AKA Jeepsies

JWOOD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I don't see the map "box" to click. I looked on my phone and computer.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Just added myself! #14242

I don't have much knowledge, however if you're in my neck of the swamp, we'll crack a cold one.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I might be to new but I am looking at the same problem a few have. My number is 14176 and it doesnt give me a map location box to up date. Just my home base location and my website. After that it doesnt give me a location update box. Not sure how all this works yet

Thank you in advance

BVX

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

St. Augustine, FL, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Rom
Member #

does the system automatically upgrades you when membership is paid? got the membership but no access, interesting issue

LostWolf

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gladstone, Michigan, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Levely
Member #

I'm not seeing my dot on the member map. I think I have everything check properly but I may have missed something. Have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.