Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustin Seyle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Allentown, PA
Member #

when adding location, how specific do i need to be? exact address or just town and state? if i add exact address, will rest of world be able to see? thanks

OkieGobi

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawton, Oklahoma, USA
Member #

Hmmm, I have my membership, but still can't access the map. I can get to the member map, but cannot add my map location from my drop down menu personal settings.

Rustin Seyle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Allentown, PA
Member #

Am I supposed to see my own location on the map? I’m new and not sure how the map works and how to find specific people. Any advice? Thanks

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@OkieGobi You have your location set properly, but did not have "Show on Map" ticked. I've set that for you. Note that any changes made or locations added will not show on the map until after midnight Pacific time.

@Rustin Seyle If you just added yours, it should show up on the map tomorrow.

Reactions: OkieGobi

Rustin Seyle

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Allentown, PA
Member #

@OkieGobi You have your location set properly, but did not have "Show on Map" ticked. I've set that for you. Note that any changes made or locations added will not show on the map until after midnight Pacific time.

@Rustin Seyle If you just added yours, it should show up on the map tomorrow.
Ok thank you! I added it last night, but have to wait till tomorrow for it to show up?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Ok thank you! I added it last night, but have to wait till tomorrow for it to show up?
You shouldn't! When I checked, your "Show on Map" was already checked. Did you do that since midnight, or was it already checked?

Ah, I just checked your setting, and it was to show your location by IP address, which might not be anywhere near you. I just changed that, so please check again after midnight to see if it shows you in Allentown.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

FWIW--might be complicating things for some--the OB Talk app still has a bug, though I've mentioned it a couple times, as far as trying to access the Member Map. When you hit the Menu icon then select Member Map, it opens an error page on overlandbound.com in which you've also been logged out. When you log in, hoping to get to the map, you get another page that says "Route usermap/ could not be found."

Texarado

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Woodland Park, CO, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Kahlich
Member #

I am not seeing the member label under my account pic. I am not seeing the link in the email either to upgrade my account here.
Joseph #10654.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Sam Beeson @Texarado I have updated both of your accounts, so you should now have all of the Member benefits. The member map updates at midnight Pacific time, so if you made any changes, they will show up tomorrow. I tweaked the locations so that they would resolve properly on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.