Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

I'm not able to see the map either, and I don't see where I can edit my map preferences under my profile. I have my location set, and I saw a place to check a box if I wanted to be shown on the map, but that is all.

**edit** I found myself on the map, but it shows me as a forum member only.

Reactions: OCD7785

OCD7785

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Goose Creek, SC
Member #

I'm not able to see the map either, and I don't see where I can edit my map preferences under my profile. I have my location set, and I saw a place to check a box if I wanted to be shown on the map, but that is all.

**edit** I found myself on the map, but it shows me as a forum member only.
Give it a day. Mine was updated and correct location was fixed too.

Reactions: Stoked

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi , been trying to add myself to the map but can't see the map location field in the personal details only the location field, am I doing something wrong ?
I just checked your settings. You did not have the option set to show yourself on the map, and the location format didn't include UK. I've fixed those, but the map only updates once a day at midnight Pacific time (8am tomorrow for you?) Check again after then and see if it works.

Reactions: TacoVenturer87

peteillingworth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
Member #

I just checked your settings. You did not have the option set to show yourself on the map, and the location format didn't include UK. I've fixed those, but the map only updates once a day at midnight Pacific time (8am tomorrow for you?) Check again after then and see if it works.
Thank alot[emoji3]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using OB Talk mobile app

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Hi, still not seeing my location on the map and I've given it a few days now
Okay, I went into your account settings and adjusted another option. Under Security, there is the option as where to grab your location; IP, your entered location, etc. it was set to pick any. I changed it to your specific entered location. The location you entered resolves correctly on Google Maps, so it should here, as well. I also set the accuracy under security to 5 km. You can make that more or less depending on your concern of folks knowing where you are.

Give it overnight again, and let me know what happens after a map refresh. Thank you for your patience!
Steve

Reactions: TacoVenturer87

peteillingworth

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
Member #

Okay, I went into your account settings and adjusted another option. Under Security, there is the option as where to grab your location; IP, your entered location, etc. it was set to pick any. I changed it to your specific entered location. The location you entered resolves correctly on Google Maps, so it should here, as well. I also set the accuracy under security to 5 km. You can make that more or less depending on your concern of folks knowing where you are.

Give it overnight again, and let me know what happens after a map refresh. Thank you for your patience!
Steve
Thanks, I am appearing on the map now , thanks for the help

SilverSurferJKU

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary Alberta
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Boksteyn
Member #

I looked for my location and it wasn’t on the map I added location details on to my account. Does it take time for it to appear?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.