Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I would like to draw attention to this online hangout again. This is a good opportunity to exchange with other members around the topic of communication in Europe. We have already done such a round a few weeks ago with active participation.

Communication is key, even when overlanding. The round table is open, so everything about radio, satellite communication, messenger, and much more. Bring your questions and experiences and we will talk about it.

The focus is on communication for overlanders in Europe.

Montecristo1838

Rank V

Builder II

Legnano, MI, Italia
First Name
Carmine
Last Name
Tarquinio
Member #

Thanks guys for the conversation, it was the first time for me and was a pleasure to join you... sorry for my english I have to improve..
Carmine (montecristo1838)

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks guys for the conversation, it was the first time for me and was a pleasure to join you... sorry for my english I have to improve..
Carmine (montecristo1838)
Great that you joined the call. It was great to talk to you and thanks for sharing your experiences with radio comms.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We had a good exchange of experiences around comms today. And I think it was a good idea to extend this round table talk to the topic of communication in general and not to limit it to the topic of radio comms.

Of course, we talked about different radio applications (PMR446, CB and HAM) and the different regulations in Europe, but also the topic mobile internet had its place. From the simple mobile router to building a low-radiation network with outdoor antenna. Until the next time I'll try to find out which cell boosters are available in Europe and work here.

As agreed, I will organize another comms round table call for in a few weeks. It´s great that so many people are interested in this topic.

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
We had a good exchange of experiences around comms today. And I think it was a good idea to extend this round table talk to the topic of communication in general and not to limit it to the topic of radio comms.

Of course, we talked about different radio applications (PMR446, CB and HAM) and the different regulations in Europe, but also the topic mobile internet had its place. From the simple mobile router to building a low-radiation network with outdoor antenna. Until the next time I'll try to find out which cell boosters are available in Europe and work here.

As agreed, I will organize another comms round table call for in a few weeks. It´s great that so many people are interested in this topic.
Hi, would I be able to join in on the next one? and how would I do so?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Sorry but what does this mean especially the RP bit, sorry I just don't understand.
RP stands for Rally Point. With the Rally Points feature, members can schedule events here, be it online meetings like this one or recurring or one-time meetups, trainings and more. You can find them here or in the OB1 App tapping on the calendar symbol. There you can also filter by region. Then you will see everything that is planned in your area. So, for the next Europe comms round table talk I will again setup such a Rally Point.

If you have any questions, just ask. Happy to help.

Enthusiast III

West Yorkshire, UK
First Name
Mick
Last Name
Thresh
RP stands for Rally Point. With the Rally Points feature, members can schedule events here, be it online meetings like this one or recurring or one-time meetups, trainings and more. You can find them here or in the OB1 App tapping on the calendar symbol. There you can also filter by region. Then you will see everything that is planned in your area. So, for the next Europe comms round table talk I will again setup such a Rally Point.

If you have any questions, just ask. Happy to help.
I see now RP, should have realized I'll keep checking in on this one, when I get my new phone next week I'm going to get the App, using an old laptop and only able to log on in the evening time.
Thankyou for you help once again :)