Michael
Last Name
McLeish
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1MMC
Service Branch
USAF
Ladies and gents, since I know most of the original COS crew is on this thread, I figure we can start the conversation here. How's everyone's summer going? Does anyone have any good trips coming up? Is anyone interested in a near-future trail ride like old times?
We've definitely gotten a ton of camping and some wheeling in this summer. Looks like we're gonna hit a quick family overnighter near Crested Butte next weekend then a week in ND. I've got a couple of biz trips I need to fly to OH and SC in September but should be game for some trails mid-September thru the fall!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

We've definitely gotten a ton of camping and some wheeling in this summer. Looks like we're gonna hit a quick family overnighter near Crested Butte next weekend then a week in ND. I've got a couple of biz trips I need to fly to OH and SC in September but should be game for some trails mid-September thru the fall!
Sweet! Well let's definitely start throwing out some ideas for next month and see if anyone is interested! It's easier for me to do a trail ride at the moment, but might be open to a longer multi-day trip if the scheduling works out well!

GetOutand4WD

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Del Norte, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Ladies and gents, since I know most of the original COS crew is on this thread, I figure we can start the conversation here. How's everyone's summer going? Does anyone have any good trips coming up? Is anyone interested in a near-future trail ride like old times?
We have been busy, busy, busy. Definitely be down for a trail ride. Just keep us posted. Hope you and your family are doing well!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

This summer has been good to me. I'm not getting much done around the house, because I've been getting to go out and play a lot.

I have a couple night/days- trail/camping planned with a few Xj buddies next week. I also want to get out and ride my new to me mnt. Bike and camp somewhere for a couple nights before I get back to work. So I don't see me doing a Overland trip for the rest of the summer with OB. But, I think it would be great to get some monthly meet-ups going again, like we were doing. To help keep in touch.

I really appreciate the time I got to spend with everyone from OB. this summer. (Wish I could have done more!). My wife really enjoyed June Jam. (To the point we both have been evaluating our gear and have made a lot of changes!) With getting the chance to see what others are doing with thier set-up we have revamped quite a few things.

I'm thinking maybe a trip to Moab Thanksgiving week might be in the cards for me, if anyone is interested. Go Friday evening Nov. 20 drive to the Grand Junction area find some where to camp then head on out to Moab. (Just thinking aloud). Spend 3 nights/days exploring/camping and head home Tuesday the 24th. It would just be me as there is now way my wife can't get the time off. (But we have already discussed this and as long as I'm home for Turkey day she's cool with it).

Also want to thank Neal, for your involvement. You really have done a great job fostering our group. Don't think I would be near as involved if it weren't for you! Thanks!!!
Cheers! David

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Also want to thank Neal, for your involvement. You really have done a great job fostering our group. Don't think I would be near as involved if it weren't for you! Thanks!!!
Cheers! David
I always appreciate the kudos, but this deal is mostly @Fortis Overland !

Thanks, Ryan!