Launch Member

Influencer II

Astoria, OR, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Chandler
Member #

We would like to apologize if our camp kept anyone awake, however we won’t apologize for enjoying each other’s company so much that we didn’t want our time together to end. Thank you to everyone who came by, shook our hands, hugged our necks and who promised to make plans to see each other again before the next rally- what an event! Please come find us on Facebook- Willamette Valley Overland Bound and get out there with us!
4 AM is when the light is enough to warrant going to bed lol! I think we were the last ones awake.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
4 AM is when the light is enough to warrant going to bed lol! I think we were the last ones awake.
That is ok because no one was having to tell us to get out either! Our space was clean, recycling sorted, strangers nourished, new friends made and everyone made it “home” safely from our place!

Reactions: TerraRoamer

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
That is ok because no one was having to tell us to get out either! Our space was clean, recycling sorted, strangers nourished, new friends made and everyone made it “home” safely from our place!

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Well, we are back home safe and I gotta say that we really enjoyed being able to represent Overland Bound at NWOR and meet so many incredible people. I will admit that there was some frustration with not having enough space for all of the Overland Bound members to camp together, but that frustration was tempered with the realization that there were 98 members who stopped by the Overland Bound booth... so we would have needed a lot of space! I already have plans for how we can handle it better next year and make the experience even better.

The greatest part of it was helping to spread the word of how amazing this community is and bringing other people into our family. I tried to make rounds this morning to thank those that hadn't packed up and left yet. So if I missed you or you were in a different section, let say, THANK YOU for coming out, stopping by, and being the kind of people I am proud to represent.

I do want to share one great piece of feedback from the field organizer, Brian. He went out of his way to express to me how much the NWOR staff loved having Overland Bound there because every member keeps their area so clean and is so polite. With over 2,000 attendees, it says a lot that you all, our members, stand out as the cream of the crop.

Last edited:

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well, we am back home safe and I gotta say that we really enjoyed being able to represent Overland Bound at NWOR and meet so many incredible people. I will admit that there was some frustration with not having enough space for all of the Overland Bound members to camp together, but that frustration was tempered with the realization that there were 98 members who stopped by the Overland Bound booth... so we would have needed a lot of space! I already have plans for how we can handle it better next year and make the experience even better.

The greatest part of it was helping to spread the word of how amazing this community is and bringing other people into our family. I tried to make rounds this morning to thank those that hadn't packed up and left yet. So if I missed you or you were in a different section, let say, THANK YOU for coming out, stopping by, and being the kind of people I am proud to represent.

I do want to share one great piece of feedback from the field organizer, Brian. He went out of his way to express to me how much the NWOR staff loved having Overland Bound there because every member keeps their area so clean and is so polite. With over 2,000 attendees, it says a lot that you all, our members, stand out as the cream of the crop.
Not sure there is enough love for this post! So good to finally meet you in person. You and the Misses are just the nicest ever and we are so glad to be a part of your team! Now- go rest sir! You earned it! See you soon! -KZ

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Well, we are back home safe and I gotta say that we really enjoyed being able to represent Overland Bound at NWOR and meet so many incredible people. I will admit that there was some frustration with not having enough space for all of the Overland Bound members to camp together, but that frustration was tempered with the realization that there were 98 members who stopped by the Overland Bound booth... so we would have needed a lot of space! I already have plans for how we can handle it better next year and make the experience even better.

It is great to here that we all represented well!
Glad you are both home safe!
Thank you.

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
Hey all - it was great to meet everyone, especially our campsite mates - rltennal (Ray), RadioRick (Rick), Luinil (Larry) and OB4838 (Nate). Thanks also to Jedi for setting up the group site and chuckoverland for hosting the pot luck. This was our first NWOR and we'r really looking forward to many more!

Also - Thanks Larry for the recommendation for the special route home ... some awesome scenery and a a great campsite!

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
JohnO, glad it worked out.

There was a dad and four kids parked next to me. They were from Utah and had the slick pop up rack on their trailer. Does anyone remember his name or Forum handle? I forgot it and would like to get in touch with him.

It was great meeting and visiting with everyone. Looking forward to next year.

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

JohnO, glad it worked out.

There was a dad and four kids parked next to me. They were from Utah and had the slick pop up rack on their trailer. Does anyone remember his name or Forum handle? I forgot it and would like to get in touch with him.

It was great meeting and visiting with everyone. Looking forward to next year.
That’s me Nate 4838. What’s up and how can I help you?