Portland, Oregon
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Bunger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BRA
:sleeping:So, is this in the quiet or not so quiet? Seeing mixed messages in here. I prefer the quiet, but can hack it anywhere. #bourboninducedcoma.

Frontier Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Bunger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BRA
I have received an update from NWOR that we will be in the "Not-so-Quiet" area, as chances are there will be lots of later night chatter well after the 10:00 pm curfew.
Go ahead and take me off the list then. Going to go to the quiet zone, but will hang out in the not-so-quiet until....sleepy time.

Contributor III

Chumstick, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Russell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7GDO
Just signed up here today, first post.

anyway, Ray posted a field layout over on NWOL yesterday showing where the OB (and other group) areas are. northwestoverland | FORUMS & DISCUSSIONS . The "not-so-quiet area is on the other field, where Touratech use to do their rally. The OB area is at the south end of the main field.

For the "organized" trail rides, sign ups are at Northwest Overland Rally (NWOR) – Compass Off-Road , most are full now for the pre-signup, but there are spots held for signup at the rally. There is at least one other one that is only available for sign up on site. All of these runs are being coordinated at the Rebelle Rally booth. These aren't extreme runs, mainly FS roads through the area. We pre-ran them back on Memorial Day Weekend, luckily the weather was real crappy so everything was quite slick. Dried out since then so shouldn't be any issues.

JR

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Definitely in the quiet area by a large distance. Here is the camping definition from the email that was sent out.

Camping Areas:
For camping you have a choice of camping in one of two areas:
The "Quiet Zone" and the "Not-so-Quiet Zone."
The "Quiet Zone" means silence after 10pm - no music, no generators running and whispering only.
The "Not-So-Quiet Zone" means quiet music, and talking (not shouting) at your camp after 10pm is OK. Still no generators after 10pm.
There is no party zone.

We have a lot of people in a small space, but if everyone treats their neighbors with respect, we will all have a lot of fun.
You will be asked which zone you prefer when you check-in, and will be directed accordingly.

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

Brake issues for me in route. So it’s repairs for me today instead of exploring around as planned. 2000 miles into my trip, just part of the journey, I hope that I have all the tools needs. See y’all soon

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Brake issues for me in route. So it’s repairs for me today instead of exploring around as planned. 2000 miles into my trip, just part of the journey, I hope that I have all the tools needs. See y’all soon
Where ya at? Need help?

Reactions: rltennal

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

OK for those that are following long story short T4R 4th GEN V8 have a stuck front caliper did a trail fix replaced rotor and a pad can’t get other one in due to frozen caliper but should be good for the next 2000 miles until I can get her home for a new caliper thanks for all the offers I will see you guys tomorrow