Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Getting close now. I have double burner capable of taking 10in and 12in pans. Might pick up a Skottle while there too, once I've checked them out.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Has anyone got any top tips for showering/toilets at these events? We normally bring wag bags and a porta potty for the Mrs. I was thinking of picking up a cheap privacy/toilet shelter when there. I tried to get one beforehand but couldn't find anything decent enough.

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

Getting close now. I have double burner capable of taking 10in and 12in pans. Might pick up a Skottle while there too, once I've checked them out.
Yeah I would like to see them work too. Before I pick one up. I do pretty good with my 30 year old Colman white gas stove.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Yeah I would like to see them work too. Before I pick one up. I do pretty good with my 30 year old Colman white gas stove.
I mainly think I would like one to save space and make cleanup easier. You could leave the pots and pans out and just looks like you can wipe it clean. Hopefully they have some deals on.

Reactions: ob4838

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Has anyone got any top tips for showering/toilets at these events? We normally bring wag bags and a porta potty for the Mrs. I was thinking of picking up a cheap privacy/toilet shelter when there. I tried to get one beforehand but couldn't find anything decent enough.
Historically, plenty of Honey Buckets are provided.
For showers, I've done the Baby Wipe bath but may use my shower system. I've never set up the privy/shower tent, so I'm not sure just how comical someone my size is going to be in it.

Reactions: SNO-RNR

RS Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

Hey there, catching up on the thread here before departure tomorrow. I originally pre registered for a family campsite early on but with the snow days this year school stretched now the wife and daughter can’t come. So attending solo this year and on the list for the OB campsite. What night is the potluck going on? Definitely interested in meeting more OB members. I will be in the grey 5th Gen T4R with the roofnest. I will fly my red OB flag that I got at the off grid rally last year. Definitely say hi.

ob4838

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Utah
Member #

What there are family sites? Well I hope you guys can put up with me and my 4 kids. They are good but still kids

rickmolloy

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Redmond, WA 98052, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Molloy
Member #

What there are family sites? Well I hope you guys can put up with me and my 4 kids. They are good but still kids
I’ll be there with my 2 boys. But trust me it will feel like I brought at least 4. We are leaving as soon as we can after the last half day of school tomorrow.

I’m glad we aren’t in the quiet section, they don’t know what that means :)

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Everyone be safe heading up! We have a group headed up from Salem- FRS 6, CB ch 20, and 146.460 for amateur radio. Vancouver/PDX meeting location around 9:00ish at Gee Creek rest stop. Final stop- Longview Wilco Farm Store with departure not long after at 9:30ish (I didn’t plan!! LOL) Feel free to join us along the way or give a yell if you need help! See everyone there! -KZ

Reactions: RollingFortress

RadioRick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Iverson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7NB
Service Branch
Army
Everyone be safe heading up! We have a group headed up from Salem- FRS 6, CB ch 20, and 146.460 for amateur radio. Vancouver/PDX meeting location around 9:00ish at Gee Creek rest stop. Final stop- Longview Wilco Farm Store with departure not long after at 9:30ish (I didn’t plan!! LOL) Feel free to join us along the way or give a yell if you need help! See everyone there! -KZ
Give a yell on 146.460 when you get close. I'm up on Chumstick Mt and should be back in town around 1:30

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We would like to apologize if our camp kept anyone awake, however we won’t apologize for enjoying each other’s company so much that we didn’t want our time together to end. Thank you to everyone who came by, shook our hands, hugged our necks and who promised to make plans to see each other again before the next rally- what an event! Please come find us on Facebook- Willamette Valley Overland Bound and get out there with us!