Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Who is the NW FL? Looking for any get togethers or trail rides. Be good to meet and setup a network.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Brutus

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Not sure I could swing that this weekend but I would like to check that out. I believe it’s only a few hours from Pensacola

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Me too! The family and I went just pass San Destin to Point Washington State Forest today. But Eglin and Blackwater are full of trails.

Brutus

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mobile, Alabama
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

I am in Mobile AL. Point Washington has some trails. Eglin is huge but you will need a pass to access it, although it is only about $20 per year. I have not been to Blackwater in over a decade. There is also the Perdido River WMA not too far away. Just a few trails but it does have a couple of water crossings.

rrjones2u

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

US
Enterprise, AL here but have talked to some folks around the Eglin area and they love the trails. I bought my pass and going soon myself.

rrjones2u

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

US
Hey, let me know next time you guys go out. I am a member of the NWF off-road club Facebook page and been talking to Jack Griffiths. Would love to come with y'all sometime. I have my permit and ready [emoji3][emoji106]
The Gulf Coast Land Rover Club went to Eglin yesterday. It had been raining for a few days and caused some nice , slippery conditions. I hope to have the video up on YouTube some time late this week.

sar6008

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Perdido Key, FL
Member #

Morning gents, i'm in NW FL. (Perdido Key) definitely looking to take my rig through some trails. New to all of this seeing is how I'm always out of the country and haven't built up a network for this but would love to do a day trip or an over-niter when I make it back to the states in December. At the very least do a meetup and pick y'alls brain about locations to explore, and next ideas for my rig.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

I’m in Gainesville, used to be in Crestview in the panhandle. Blackwater is great, very technical, probably the most technical and diverse wheeling in FL outside of man made parks. Bogs and boulders just north in Alabama is a very cool place to wheel but it’s always busy and it can be a bit overwhelming. Eglin is my favorite... both for the miles and miles of trials and for all of the swimming holes and abandoned military stuff. (Tanks,planes,missiles helos etc) I have most of the good eglin stuff to see mapped out with coordinates saved. I am hoping to plan a guided overlanding trip there in the spring.

I also LOVED the small and not well know yellow river water management area. Some really cool areas out there it gets locked up a good bit but when it’s open it’s amazing. Great technical wheeling and fun water crossings.

In the center of the state (where I am) I like Ocala national Forrest, Lochloosa WMA, Citrus WMA and Croom wma. Hard rock and Jeep ranch are a must see. Hope that helps!

sar6008

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Perdido Key, FL
Member #

I’m in Gainesville, used to be in Crestview in the panhandle. Blackwater is great, very technical, probably the most technical and diverse wheeling in FL outside of man made parks. Bogs and boulders just north in Alabama is a very cool place to wheel but it’s always busy and it can be a bit overwhelming. Eglin is my favorite... both for the miles and miles of trials and for all of the swimming holes and abandoned military stuff. (Tanks,planes,missiles helos etc) I have most of the good eglin stuff to see mapped out with coordinates saved. I am hoping to plan a guided overlanding trip there in the spring.

I also LOVED the small and not well know yellow river water management area. Some really cool areas out there it gets locked up a good bit but when it’s open it’s amazing. Great technical wheeling and fun water crossings.

In the center of the state (where I am) I like Ocala national Forrest, Lochloosa WMA, Citrus WMA and Croom wma. Hard rock and Jeep ranch are a must see. Hope that helps!
How are the Eglin trails and that area in December? I may hit you up for those locations when I make it back home. If you don't mind sharing that information of course.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

How are the Eglin trails and that area in December? I may hit you up for those locations when I make it back home. If you don't mind sharing that information of course.
They are awesome! Yeah the trails there are always the same. Time of year doesn’t affect it.

Julie Thomas

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I live on Eglin. Would you mind sharing the Eglin stuff? I’ve seen pics of local groups going to the abandoned military stuff but I’ve never gone out there myself. No clue how to find it all!

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

I live on Eglin. Would you mind sharing the Eglin stuff? I’ve seen pics of local groups going to the abandoned military stuff but I’ve never gone out there myself. No clue how to find it all!
Yeah sure thing! I’ll make a special post later today on here with all the coordinates and I’ll include some pictures as well. I miss it up there. So many awesome spots used to lead some trips up there and hope to lead an OB trip there some day soon. IMG_5775.JPG