NW Florida/Lower Alabama/Gulf Coast

• HTML tutorial

rrjones2u

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

US
I would love those coordinates for Eglin myself, planning a trip down there in the next few weeks. You are right about Bogs and boulders, it was very busy.
I’m in Gainesville, used to be in Crestview in the panhandle. Blackwater is great, very technical, probably the most technical and diverse wheeling in FL outside of man made parks. Bogs and boulders just north in Alabama is a very cool place to wheel but it’s always busy and it can be a bit overwhelming. Eglin is my favorite... both for the miles and miles of trials and for all of the swimming holes and abandoned military stuff. (Tanks,planes,missiles helos etc) I have most of the good eglin stuff to see mapped out with coordinates saved. I am hoping to plan a guided overlanding trip there in the spring.

I also LOVED the small and not well know yellow river water management area. Some really cool areas out there it gets locked up a good bit but when it’s open it’s amazing. Great technical wheeling and fun water crossings.

In the center of the state (where I am) I like Ocala national Forrest, Lochloosa WMA, Citrus WMA and Croom wma. Hard rock and Jeep ranch are a must see. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Julie Thomas

sar6008

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Perdido Key, FL
Member #

Yeah sure thing! I’ll make a special post later today on here with all the coordinates and I’ll include some pictures as well. I miss it up there. So many awesome spots used to lead some trips up there and hope to lead an OB trip there some day soon. View attachment 66717
If you wanna make another trip in December/January if you’ve already gone by then I’ll bring the kiddo with me and do a day trip if you’re up for it.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

Also, we are doing a day trip in Citrus WMA on Monday if anyone is interested. It’s about an hour south of Gainesville and about an hour.5 north or Orlando.

Enthusiast III

Florida
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Birkmire
Member #

I have a buddy up that way who isn’t on OB. He is a great guy, family man. Who is always looking for people to explore with. He knows most of the places I know. If you would like me to connect you two with him let me know.

Reactions: Julie Thomas

Cujo7989

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Aurora, CO, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Brockmeier
Member #

Service Branch
USMC(Ret)
I’m in the west Pensacola/Perdido area. Took the family on a quick trip to Talladega NF and Cheaha State Forest the other weekend. Would love to get together for some group rides.

rrjones2u

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

US
Hey give me a heads up a little sooner ( I have to drive from Enterprise AL) but being retired Army, my schedule is flexible. Always up to meeting new people and chewing new dirt
Hey, still definitely wanting to take a trip out on the range whenever y’all want. We’re going on a little joy ride tomorrow (weather permitting) I’ll post some pics!

Reactions: Brutus

rrjones2u

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

US
The lift makes all the difference in the world [emoji3]
We got rained out! It was just gonna be a quick little loop to get out of the house but I’ll definitely give a heads up next time. I’ll probably be sticking to pavement until I get my lift installed. Should be here this week though!!

Spooky08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hendrickson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I’m definitely in for some Eglin Range time on occasion. I go out there to parts of it fairly often for work, but I always love going out there and I’ve camped once up around black water.

Reactions: Stepsride

Spooky08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hendrickson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
You are supposed to go to Jackson Guard and get a pass. They aren’t expensive and are good for a year. Last time I went and grabbed one the office is up not far from Eglin. If you just google it, it will pop up.