Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
A Reminder for those who want to go to the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA and camp with fellow Overland Bound members, we need to have an RSVP by June 1st 2023 so that I can give the event organizers a head count of how many spaces to set aside for us. (you will need to have purchased tickets from the NWOR web site in advance) If you would like to camp with us and are attending with friends who are not members, they are welcome to join also. Please send me a message of how many spots in addition to yours as they can not RSVP on the rally point (unless they want to join OB, I have heard its a great bunch of people;) Also if you are bringing a trailer, earth roamer or just need more real estate than 20'x20' you will need to purchase an additional spot through the Rally web site in advance, and let me know you are paying and occupying two spots. Since we are reserving spots in advance, folks are able to arrive later than the group and still have a spot, which is a big bonus over the typical way Expos assign spots first come first served. As of today, I have not seen a schedule for the event posted, hopefully soon. I believe that @Kevyn Williams may host a trail ride on Saturday morning for those interested, and I am entertaining the idea of some local exploration on Sunday morning after packing up. Michelle and I are looking forward to hanging out with some good friends and some that we have not had the chance to meet yet. Please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.
Are we going to do the quiet side or not so quiet side? I may have to bow out of the group and camp alone off to the side if I can't find someone to watch our dogs.. they're friendly, just an odd bark or two, and want to be cognizant of others

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Are we going to do the quiet side or not so quiet side? I may have to bow out of the group and camp alone off to the side if I can't find someone to watch our dogs.. they're friendly, just an odd bark or two, and want to be cognizant of others
Brandon, As we are a group we will be placed on the not so quiet side. Although everyone is expected to be reasonably quiet after 10pm. Good chance we will be on one edge of the field since we are having sites set aside for us although no guarantee, no guarantee you will get a edge site if you go solo either as they place you in the next empty site as you enter. There are always plenty of dogs around, and the occasional bark happens. We have had not issues in the past. Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Reactions: Ebbs

Hags

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Troy, MT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hagerty
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7ZKB
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well, things lined up for me to be able to go so far. It looks like I will end up buying tickets at the gate, but I will look for the group, and perhaps do some handshaking.
It has been 10 years since I have been able to make it to a rally, but with my current situation, it is going to be advantageous for me to get to these kind of events as often as budget allows.

Eee Man

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7WIH
Missed the 6/1 rsvp date but will be there and plan on joining in Monroe at 10 AM if that's still the plan.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Missed the 6/1 rsvp date but will be there and plan on joining in Monroe at 10 AM if that's still the plan.
Eric, reserved a couple of extra spots than I had on the list, so you and @sweetride2go are covered if you want to camp with the group:), and yes 10:00 am in Monroe is still valid. look forward to meeting you guys.

Reactions: sweetride2go

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We will be there also! I’m curious if anyone has any good meal plans, what is everyone bringing for food?
Can't speak for others, but Michelle & I try to pre-assemble some meals to cook in the Onmi Oven, and usually make home made pizza and typical camp food. Last year @Hogman gathered up a bunch of leftovers from who was ever still awake at 1am on night and made some Breakfast? burritos on his big grill for everyone that seemed to be a huge hit. There is a pretty good little cafe across the street from the event, and a small grocery store with ice creams.

Hogman

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Balsley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRHS363
I'll have the same setup this year in case there is a demand for a drunken 01:00 gut bomb. Thinking the fire pit will be accompaning us to the raffle this year. @OTH Overland do you have a headcount for the OB camping compound and where it will be?

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I'll have the same setup this year in case there is a demand for a drunken 01:00 gut bomb. Thinking the fire pit will be accompanying us to the raffle this year. @OTH Overland do you have a headcount for the OB camping compound and where it will be?
Awesome, fire pit at the raffle might be a good idea, couple of those evenings were a bit on the chilly side, thinking of bringing our electric blanket and small Jackery to put in our chairs..lol We have about 24 spots including the extras for those buying additional spots for trailers. We will be in the not so quiet side as we are a group, not sure exactly where, we are supposed to tell them at the gate that we are with OB and they will show us where to go, We will be over on Thursday morning and will post a gps location on the forum when we get placed for those coming later.

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

I'll see you there! I won't be meeting up with the convoy in Monroe. (Kinda out of the way for me) I'll hook up with y'all at the event.

Eee Man

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7WIH
I'll be in Monroe to meetup by 7 AM on Thursday...gonna be a great time!

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I'll be in Monroe to meetup by 7 AM on Thursday...gonna be a great time!
FYI not sure if you are getting arriving at 7am to beat traffic from down south, but if you are heading over with us, the scheduled departure from Monroe is 10am, we will be there a bit earlier, but not 7am :) look forward to seeing you.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Good evening, We have a couple of days until the NWOR, looking forward to seeing everyone either in Monroe or at the site. We have a few folks who signed up and are no longer able to attend, so we currently have three campsites reserved in the Overland Bound section that are not spoken for. If you are interested in attending the rally and want to camp with fellow OB members, please send me a message prior to Thursday morning and we will save you a spot. (for those without tickets, I believe the online tickets are done, but they will have tickets at the door for $165 for single person w/ camping for the weekend or $300 for a couple w/ camping. kids are free either way)

Joshua Buss

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

We are very excited to attend this year as kids events conflicted with last years. A group of us along with Hogman did the WBDR to the event that was canceled due to Covid a few years back but my kids were very excited about the opportunity to attend again. Hopefully we can get out to some fun day trip rides. I will have an opportunity to scout some new equipment as my Tundra was totaled out a few months back and I downsized into a 2023 Tacoma. We will see you all there Friday morning as we have a swim meet and music recital Thursday night.

Cheers

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
be sure to let them know at check in that you are with overland bound.... we are in the first row ... gates close at 8pm

Attachments

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Hey all, Natalie and I had a blast meeting you guys and chatting but the fire. Excited to meet up on the trail and next year's NWOR.

Thanks Michelle and Dave for hosting and getting us all together! Definitely added a ton to the fun of the rally!

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Another great NWOR rally this year, Michelle and I had an awesome time, other than attending a couple of classes we really did not do much other than hang out, visited with lots of great peeps and generally relaxed. Quite a bit more wind than last year, but no rain which was a bonus. Marianne and Ray, who host the rally each year, always do a wonderful job of making sure everyone is welcome and has a great experience. This year I worked with Marianne, and they set aside almost an entire double row of camping spots reserved for Overland Bound members (We even made it onto the rally map). It was nice not to have everybody need to arrive at one time to get to camp together, members could arrive whenever they wanted to. Wish the Overland Expos would do that for large groups. We met up with several members in Monroe and convoyed over together, this year there was no staging in the field, we could just go in and set up. The vendor row was a bit lackluster this year, with several long time favorites missing or with small displays, not much actually for sale, and we managed to come home empty handed this year (not necessarily a bad thing..lol) We managed to fill around 20 sites in the OB section, and there were a few other members camping with friends elsewhere in the field, Really great turnout, and a lot of members that we had not managed to meet before, all of which we hope to see again soon.

Several members opted to go for one of the scheduled trail rides or try their hand at the obstacle course. @Burly and @RichF92 worked hard to “out dirty” each other in the one mudhole that they managed to find on the way up to Sugarloaf Lookout.

For the second year in a row, @Hogman performed some magic on his grill and produced some mighty tasty Tri-tip and garlic bread to share with us all one evening. The nightly fireside raffle is always a big hit, and several of us managed to come home with goodies from the three nights, and a big thank you to Dometic for donating the cool waterproof packing cube that Michelle came home with, however joke is really on us, because now we want three more … lol.

Sunday morning everyone began wandering homeward, we managed to find some new forest service roads running around the back of lake Wenatchee and up to the pass spending most of the afternoon finding some great waterfalls and camping sites. We did manage to get over the pass in time to get rained on and get some grub from Zeke’s before heading home.

Thank you to everyone who attended this year, you were a great group to hang out with and we look forward to next year. Thinking we might also try the Canadian version that they put on up in Merritt BC next year as well.

DJI_0591.JPG
Half of the Overland Bound Group

20230617_150059.jpg
@B Wild on the obstacle course

20230617_150638.jpg
@RichF92 taking his turn

20230616_100613.jpg
OB Base Camp

20230617_185531.jpg
Michelle whipped up some camp cooked pizza for the win

20230618_114331.jpg
White river NW of Lake Wenatchee

20230618_163723.jpg
A wet welcome back to the west side of Stevens Pass.

Reactions: Ebbs