Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I am definitely planning on being there but as I am from Southern Oregon I won't plan to meet up with you all and go over with you. Also, I am traveling with a friend of mine, and his family, from this area, so will have to talk with him about camping with the group, if non members are join with the members.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We would have enjoyed joining but we will be on our way to the 2023 International Airstream Rally in Rock Springs WY.
aukaiiki sends (aka Tin Can OVRLNDR) #0599
Sounds like you are going to have a great time, and the overland rally will happening next year too!

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I am definitely planning on being there but as I am from Southern Oregon I won't plan to meet up with you all and go over with you. Also, I am traveling with a friend of mine, and his family, from this area, so will have to talk with him about camping with the group, if non members are join with the members.
Gary, looking forward to meeting you, we have not had a chance to get down your way yet for any events or meetups. If your friend is up to camping with a group we would be happy to have the both of you to join us in the group camp. (really no matter anywhere you camp there is next to somebody lol)

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Gary, looking forward to meeting you, we have not had a chance to get down your way yet for any events or meetups. If your friend is up to camping with a group we would be happy to have the both of you to join us in the group camp. (really no matter anywhere you camp there is next to somebody lol)
HI Dave, thanks for getting back to me. I will look forward to meeting you as well. The friend I'm coming is bringing his family, and they will be pulling an A liner trailer which means they will be in two spots. I will be in my truck. I appreciate that he can camp with the OB group but I"m a bit leery of the Not so Quiet section since I am a light sleeper. :smile: When we went in 2019 we were in the quiet zone, and yes, everywhere you camp there you are with people, and I like that. So I'll talk with him and let you know. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: M Rose and Ubiety

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
For anyone who is considering going to the NWOR they are still offering early bird tickets on their website Overland Adventure Rallies – Have Fun, Make Friends, Learn Stuff. Single person weekend pass & camping is $130, Two person plus kids under 18 is $240, and an extra campsace is $85. The early bird special runs through March 12th. Not sure of the prices after the 12th.

Event staff has agreed to set aside a block of camp spaces for Overland Bound members that wish to camp together, Currently I will need to give them a head count of spaces by June 1st so they can plan an area for us. You will need to RSVP and also let me know in the comments if you are purchasing an extra space for a trailer or bigger rigs, that way I can give them an accurate count. This will allow members to arrive from different areas and times and still camp together.

Looking forward to another great rally and seeing you there.

Reactions: OFP and Hogman

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
My wife and I are in. Definitely interested in camping all together, though I'll set up on the edge of the group I think we I tend to want to crash early and will have my two dogs with us. They're really good and quiet, but don't need to stimulate them more than needed, and want to give easy access to take them for a bathroom break
Going to trying to drag a few out from North Idaho
@PapaDave @Codeman @jad3116 @Kjard95

Contributor III

usa
First Name
Christina
Last Name
Potts
For anyone who is considering going to the NWOR they are still offering early bird tickets on their website Overland Adventure Rallies – Have Fun, Make Friends, Learn Stuff. Single person weekend pass & camping is $130, Two person plus kids under 18 is $240, and an extra campsace is $85. The early bird special runs through March 12th. Not sure of the prices after the 12th.

Event staff has agreed to set aside a block of camp spaces for Overland Bound members that wish to camp together, Currently I will need to give them a head count of spaces by June 1st so they can plan an area for us. You will need to RSVP and also let me know in the comments if you are purchasing an extra space for a trailer or bigger rigs, that way I can give them an accurate count. This will allow members to arrive from different areas and times and still camp together.

Looking forward to another great rally and seeing you there.
Ok, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OTH Overland

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Did we ever figure when you needed to know by for the group spot? My brother just got a new (to him) Gladiator and may attend.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Did we ever figure when you needed to know by for the group spot? My brother just got a new (to him) Gladiator and may attend.
June 1st is the deadline, still plenty of time: )

Reactions: Ebbs

Eee Man

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7WIH
Just bought my ticket and looking to get two friends from Sacramento to drive up as well! I'm interested in staying with the group...

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Just bought my ticket and looking to get two friends from Sacramento to drive up as well! I'm interested in staying with the group...
That would be awesome, Once everyone know for sure that they are coming, please RSVP in the Rally Point, and let us know if anyone is purchasing an additional camping spot due to larger rig or a trailer, (Extra 20x20 spots can be purchased at the Rally's website same as the regular tickets.)

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I can run pretty much anything, typically it seems like far more people have GMRS than HAM on previous trips. Last year we ran GMRS as only a couple of us had HAM capabilities. Pretty short run on the way over, but there did end up being some exploration of local trails on the way home for a couple of us.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
A Reminder for those who want to go to the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, WA and camp with fellow Overland Bound members, we need to have an RSVP by June 1st 2023 so that I can give the event organizers a head count of how many spaces to set aside for us. (you will need to have purchased tickets from the NWOR web site in advance) If you would like to camp with us and are attending with friends who are not members, they are welcome to join also. Please send me a message of how many spots in addition to yours as they can not RSVP on the rally point (unless they want to join OB, I have heard its a great bunch of people;) Also if you are bringing a trailer, earth roamer or just need more real estate than 20'x20' you will need to purchase an additional spot through the Rally web site in advance, and let me know you are paying and occupying two spots. Since we are reserving spots in advance, folks are able to arrive later than the group and still have a spot, which is a big bonus over the typical way Expos assign spots first come first served. As of today, I have not seen a schedule for the event posted, hopefully soon. I believe that @Kevyn Williams may host a trail ride on Saturday morning for those interested, and I am entertaining the idea of some local exploration on Sunday morning after packing up. Michelle and I are looking forward to hanging out with some good friends and some that we have not had the chance to meet yet. Please feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Reactions: Ebbs