Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

While at Expo East I met a bunch of new members I asked to to connect with this group. Lovely couples 1 from Chantilly another from Fairfax and a lovely chap from Annapolis.

Sorry that you guys didn't camp in the OB camping area. We had about 30 vehicles and a nice visit from the OB team.

With so many of us we will be sure to reserve a camping area next year as well. Maybe you can find other OB members at the RTT Rally.

Look for a F150 with the largest CVT tent and a trailer with a motorcycle and bicycle. He is from Canada and drove from Ann Arbor Michigan. He is a Toyota engineer in the truck division. Great guy to hang out with and get insites on the new vehicles coming.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Yup. need to do it again, Weather it be TW or OB.
Yep I haven't been out much. I went to overland expo Saturday and that was the first thing I have been able to really do in a while. I started a new job working at a vineyard/ brewery and we just got through harvest for the grapes I think we crushed around 160 tons plus trying to brew beer and opena brewery. needless to say life has been interesting. Some 80+ hour weeks and I'm getting too old for that anymore

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ok so I "started a build thread" IDK how this will work I copied and pasted from TW and it's there you just have to hit the expand button

Yeti Does America

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

1323 SE 17th St., Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA 3316
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Sturgeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
NOVA OB,
I figured I’d start with a post here since it’s the most checked area of OB for members local to NOVA.

A few of us are planning a trip beginning here in NOVA and going to the end of the Trans-Taiga in northern Quebec and back. For those who do not know, the Trans Taiga is a 666 kilometer dirt road ending in the most remote place anywhere in North America. We are planning the trip for the end of Sept/early October of 2020, during a small window between the end of black fly/mosquito season and the snow season.We figure it’s a four day trip journeying up to Northern Quebec, two to four days on the Trans Taiga itself, and then another four days to get home. While the trip is not technical (heavy rock crawling, deep mud, etc), it is extremely remote, so anyone considering going should have a reliable rig, be extremely well prepared and completely self sufficient. With that said, we are hoping for a group of 4-6 rigs, so that we can team up and make the trip as fun and as successful as possible. If you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss it further. Hit me here, PM me, or hit me on my mobile - 404-680-2318. Cheers!
Thanks for calling earlier it was good to catch up. If we can pull it off work-wise we are in !! This would a be great trip !!

Reactions: 100RNR and Specter

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Thanks for calling earlier it was good to catch up. If we can pull it off work-wise we are in !! This would a be great trip !!
Always great catching up, brother. Hope you can make the trip with us. I’ll definitely keep you posted. Hopefully our paths will cross sooner than later on the water. Cheers!

RoamingEmily

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

New South Wales, Australia
First Name
Delete
Last Name
Meplz
Member #

NOVA OB,
I figured I’d start with a post here since it’s the most checked area of OB for members local to NOVA.

A few of us are planning a trip beginning here in NOVA and going to the end of the Trans-Taiga in northern Quebec and back. For those who do not know, the Trans Taiga is a 666 kilometer dirt road ending in the most remote place anywhere in North America. We are planning the trip for the end of Sept/early October of 2020, during a small window between the end of black fly/mosquito season and the snow season.We figure it’s a four day trip journeying up to Northern Quebec, two to four days on the Trans Taiga itself, and then another four days to get home. While the trip is not technical (heavy rock crawling, deep mud, etc), it is extremely remote, so anyone considering going should have a reliable rig, be extremely well prepared and completely self sufficient. With that said, we are hoping for a group of 4-6 rigs, so that we can team up and make the trip as fun and as successful as possible. If you are interested, please let me know and we can discuss it further. Hit me here, PM me, or hit me on my mobile - 404-680-2318. Cheers!
Ohhhhh. That sounds amazing!!!

Reactions: 100RNR

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hi all! I am a neewbie here I just joined Saturday at the Overland Expo. I am in Culpeper Va, which is probably like no man's land here. I'm kinda wondering if I'm in the right place or is there a more local thread for me to be in?
Welcome from Woodbridge! My fiance and I go through Culpeper a bunch because I love old house corn whiskey.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

@geekyadam .... there's Whiskey in them there hills?????? :)

Where?
Culpeper. we have a bunch of wineries and breweries plus several distilleries. Including the states only legal moonshine distillery. Old House vineyard has the winery a distillery, and a brewery. Gee you'd think we're a bunch of drunks out here but I assure you not. Lots of fun free activities at most all the wineries as well with live music

Last edited:

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
E
Last Name
R
Member #

Cupeper. we have a bunch of wineries and breweries plus several distilleries. Including the states only legal moonshine distillery. Old House vineyard has the winery a distillery, and a brewery. Gee you'd think we're a bunch of drunks out here but I assure you not. Lots of fun free activities at most all the wineries as well with live music
My ancestors were moonshiners in Rappahannock and Culpeper.
Alcohol is a long standing tradition there. [emoji16]

Bryan0302

Rank III

Member I

Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'll be at the rooftop tent rally with the family! Leaving from Ashburn friday as soon as school gets out.
Excellent. I'm considering taking my son
Hope that means you’re in! I think I’ve seen you rolling in Stafford. I’m off 17 - we should connect.
Yes, I'm in. Going with a theory that for the next year if anything comes up I can always hold my ground and say that I have plans and yes we should get together some time.